Settling In

My name is Zackery Orion, but my friends call me Zack. Two weeks ago, I was taken away from Yokai Academy by two members of a top-secret organisation known as the Plumbers. They told both me and my friends about how they needed to examine me and my Ultramatrix. Upon Christian's recommendation, the Plumber agents agreed to train me to become one of them if I passed some tests.

Of course, the headmaster's permission also had to be given for me to be allowed to leave school. Thankfully, he had said yes, and the next thing I knew, I was saying goodbye to my friends and being shipped out to a town called Bellwood in America. I was amazed to learn they had an entire base the size of a small skyscraper hidden underneath the town!

It was there I met Chris's mentor, Max Tennyson, and his grandson Ben Tennyson. I also learned it was Ben who was the original Omnitrix wielder and that it was him in all those newspaper articles that were in the Newspaper Club room. I was shocked to learn that he had been fighting aliens and saving the world since he was ten years old. He would have been the perfect role model if it weren't for his cocky attitude.

Anyway, after the introductions were finished, Mr Tennyson explained to me what the Plumbers were and the purpose of their organisation. It was honestly a little overwhelming. After that, I was asked to explain my abilities and how I had managed to copy Christian's Omnitrix. I explained to them how I was a Doppelganger, but for some reason, I could only copy articles of clothing, which is what the Omnitrix essentially is. Max and Ben then started whispering to each other. I didn't really hear what they said but I was able to make out the words 'Azmuth' and 'angry'.

Mr Tennyson then told me that I was going to have to have some tests done to make sure that there were no hazards to my health. According to Ben, I had abilities close to his friend 'Kevin Levin', who had absorbed the powers of the Omnitrix before and turned into a mutant with an amalgam of Ben's alien's body parts and made him crazy. Since I didn't want that to happen to me, I gladly agreed to take these tests.

After a few hours of examinations and physical tests, the plumber scientists, who were two aliens called Blukic and Driba, and appeared to be the same species as Grey Matter, made the analysis the Ultramatrix wasn't technology, but biology. It was connected to my skin and every nerve in my body.

The technicians told us that my Ultramatrix worked like a muscle. If I overused it where there was a danger, it could 'snap'. They didn't know what it could do to my body, but they guessed it was bad. It was kind of hard to take them seriously considering they kept arguing with each other. They also assumed, that like a muscle, if I continued to use my powers at a slow and manageable rate, they could grow and I may be able to hold my transformation for longer.

It was after this that I was taken to the surface where the Plumbers had set me up a temporary apartment for my stay in Bellwood. It was small and kind of reminded me of the dorms at Yokai. It had three rooms; a living room, a kitchen and a bedroom. I was quite happy to find a television was included in the living room, allowing me to keep up with the news and stuff like that. During my first week, my daily routine was largely the same. In the morning I was picked up by Ben and his partner, Rook (who I later found out was the guy who was with Christian the day I made the Ultramatrix). When we got to the Plumber base, I was forced to take part in back-breaking exercises that made Coach Kotsubo's lessons look easy. I was also given a crash course in alien technology that I found hard to understand but somehow managed to make due. Finally, I was given battle training by Ben with my alien forms. The only rule was I wasn't allowed to change my form once the spar had begun. This was my favourite as it gave me the chance to see more awesome aliens. However, it was strange...every time I saw a new alien, my eyes would feel funny and I would later find out I could turn into any transformation that Ben had turned into.