One Thing After Another

"Are you sure this is safe?" Christian asked as Driba attached a metal cable to his Omnitrix.

"Absolutely," the Galvan replied, firmly securing the cable.

"Nope," Blukic, Driba's thinner and taller counterpart, also replied, attaching the other end of the cable to Ben's Omnitrix.

"Great..." Ben said sarcastically, relaxing into his chair.

Both boys were lying in metal chairs, like what would be in a dentist's office, inside of the Plumber tech laboratory. To the side; Gwen, Kevin, Moka, Kurumu, Zack and Lala were watching with a mixture of curiosity and worry.

"Is this really safe?" Moka asked Gwen, clearly worried about her friend's safety.

"Honestly..." Gwen began as both Galvans strapped Ben and Christian into their seats to prevent them from moving, "I have no idea."

"Why are they doing this again?" Kurumu asked.

"How do you not remember?" Moka asked.

"I wasn't really paying attention," the bluenette admitted, turning to look away from Moka in embarrassment.

Hearing this, the group let out a collective sigh.

XXX

Thirty minutes earlier

"Before you leave, something needs to be addressed," Max said, looking over the eight teens in front of the monitor before focusing his gaze on Christian.

"Me?" the teen asked, pointing to himself.

"As you are now, you won't be strong enough to stand against what I believe will be coming. What you have currently may not be enough."

"Seriously!?"

The other teens looked just as shocked. Just what were the Plumbers expecting to come after that meteor?

"I want you and Ben to head downstairs to the labs. Blukic and Driba are waiting for you there," Max said. "It's time to add to your repertoire. If we're lucky, Ben may even get the forms you have that he doesn't."

"It's not going to hurt, is it?" Ben asked.

"With those two, who knows?" Max replied with a smile. "Have fun."

XXX

"So, we're here to do something to Christian's Omnitrix?"

"That about covers it," Kevin replied.

"So why is it taking so long?" Kurumu complained. "I thought Grey Matter's species was supposed to be smart?"

"They are," Gwen replied. "These guys though..."

"Aren't exactly smarter than your average bear," Kevin finished.

"Ha!" Lala laughed before her expression turned to one of confusion. "I don't get it."

"Neither do I," Kurumu groaned.

"It's a quote from an old...you know, never mind," Gwen started but decided to drop the subject.

"We're done!" Blukic cried happily.

"No, we're not!" Driba responded. "The quantum synchronizer still needs to be fitted.

"No, it doesn't. I fitted it while you were organizin' the stabilizer," Blukic returned.

"No, what you fitted was the swapping matrix," Driba replied.