The Plan

"What do you mean I can vampify my aliens?"

"It is as simple as that. Azmuth gave your Vidatrix a feature allowing you to use the excess energy from Moka's blood to charge your forms with monster energy," the Headmaster said. "Just turn the dial to the right and press down."

"And what about my blacking out? I barely remember the fight!"

"Perhaps it was the shock of Mizuki snapping your neck. You are quite lucky, you know. Most would be dead."

"Don't give me that crap!" Christian slammed his hands down on the table. "You know what's going on! You always do! I deserve to know what's going on in my body!"

Christian and the Headmaster glared at one another. Neither blinked as they stared the other down. About ten minutes ago, Christian had barged into the office, demanding to know what was happening to him. Kurumu and Mizore had told him what had happened to Swampfire after he'd blacked out.

"Are you sure you want to know?"

"I crave meat all the time! I'm having nightmares every night! Last time I transformed I even heard a voice!"

"A voice? What kind?"

"What kind of question is that? It was a voice. It's probably just a sign I'm going crazy! Well? What's your excuse for that one?" The Headmaster was silent. Christian's hands tightened, his nails scratching against the desk. "I want that remote."

"No. It will remain with me until told otherwise."

"We had a deal!"

"No. You had a threat. I have insurance." He gestured to the door. "Please leave. If I remember, you have a school festival to organise."

Christian growled but nevertheless turned and left. The Headmaster waited until the door closed before swivelling in his chair and letting out a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry," he said to the wall. "But you are not ready to know the world you are getting into."

XXX

Christian stood fuming over the balcony overlooking the main school corridor. There, he saw the students of the academy working together, to make the school ready for the upcoming festival in ten days. The hallway was filled with the chatter, everyone in goodwill.

"It's just as I imagined it."

The teen glanced to the side to see Hokuto walk up beside him.

"Oh, hey there man," he said, finally cracking a smile.

"You sound down. Penny for your thoughts."

"Nah, it's nothing," Christian said, waving off the conversation. "This though," he said, gesturing to the other students. "This is amazing. The school actually looks festive for once."

"That's right, you're a freshman! This is your first festival, huh?" The two began to move further down the balcony. "It's going to get a lot busier than this. Lots of alumni come back to the academy to visit. Even a lot of the ones who moved to the Human World. It's a student celebration and reunion all in one! And it lasts for three whole days – from October 29th to Halloween."

"Sounds like a great time," Christian remarked.

"Indeed, heh heh. This year, that means three days to showcase peace. That'll be the Festival Committee's project. Couldn't ask for a better job, huh?"

Christian smiled and gave the taller teen a nod. "Definitely."

"So how is your own club managing?" Hokuto asked.