Homecoming

High in the cerulean blue sky, an emerald green jet rocketed through the air. The jet was very long and strangely resembled the Concord. Blue jets of energy blasted out of the thrusters on its wings. The impressive vehicle was known as the Rust Bucket 3 and it currently had four occupants. Sitting inside the cockpit were Christian Hawke, Moka Akashiya, Kurumu Kurono, and their pilot, Kevin Levin. The former three were all in their casual clothes that they had worn when they had left Yokai Academy only days before. Christian in his black jacket, white shirt and blue jeans, Moka in her red sundress and cardigan and Kurumu in her white short-sleeved shirt with a ribbon around the collar and a pink mini skirt.

Christian was in the co-pilot seat on Kevin's right whereas Moka and Kurumu sat behind, both looking out of the windows in absolute awe. When the four had first set off, both girls had seemed extremely nervous and a little frightened. However, once in the air, they both quickly calmed down and began to look out of the windows in complete fascination, their earlier nervousness having completely vanished. They had now been travelling for a few hours and the girls were still glued to the scenery.

When asked why they were so fascinated with the sky, the girls had explained that as monsters, they didn't actually have passports so neither of them had actually flown in a plane before, let alone a high powered jet that seconded as a spaceship.

Letting out a content sigh, the Omnitrix user settled into his chair as he thought about how he and his friends had come to be in this situation.

XXX

Kevin had landed the Rust Bucket 3 on the long beach just below the Witch's Knoll and to the side of the students of the Newspaper Club's campsite. Kevin and Christian had already moved the unconscious Hex to a holding cell that was present in the Rust Bucket's cargo bay.

Now the teens were all gathered around the fire, Ruby having been moved into one of the tents out of the way.

"Your name is Kevin Levin." Ms Nekonome repeated, the aforementioned teen having just introduced himself.

"That's right," Kevin replied. "I'm here to pick up Christian over there." He stated plainly, pointing over to the boy in question.

"As you are planning to take away one of my students, may I ask why?" The teacher asked curiously.

"Don't know myself," Kevin admitted with a shrug. "Was just told to come and get him, so here I am."

Ms Nekonome didn't look convinced in the slightest by the answer but before she could reply, Christian stepped forward. "Did Max send you?" He asked simply.

"Yep. And it's not just you, he wanted. He called me and Gwen in as well."

The Omnitrix bearer nodded before turning to his teacher and friends. "I'm going with him," he stated, prompting shocked remarks from everyone.

"Why?" Yukari asked.

"It's my duty. Besides, I can't say no to Max. The man practically raised me," Christian replied with a small smile. "Also it's still summer break, it would be nice to go home for a few days."

Ms Nekonome looked at her student for a few more moments before letting out a sigh. "I guess that's okay, as long as you're back before the new term begins."

"I will be," Christian replied with an appreciative smile.

"Wait!" Moka suddenly shouted, gaining everyone's attention. "If you're going home, then I want to go with you." The girl stated, surprising everyone. Since no one said anything in reply, the pinkette continued. "I mean, I want to see what your hometown is like. You talk about it a lot so it would be nice to see it for myself."