CHAPTER 2

Betty's POV

"ELIZABETH!" I hear my dad's voice, and also him banging on my door.

I groan and open my eyes and look at the clock, "Fuck," I say and jump up from my bed and open the door.

He hits me hard. I fall on the ground, my cheek probably as red as a balloon.

"YOU CAN'T BE LATE!" he shouts.

"I won't," I say, "I'm sorry. Please don't hurt me," I cry.

He pulls me up from my shirt and hits me on the same cheek again, "DO NOT CRY!" he yells.

Mom runs in and looks with terrified eyes, how I'm crying and he's holding me up from my shirt against the wall.

"HAL, STOP!" she yells/pleades. I shake my head, looking at my mom, terrified that she'll get hurt.

Dad puts me down, "Get ready and better start running," he says madly and storms out from my room.

I start sobbing and sit on the ground, leaning against the wall. Mom sits down next to me and pulls me on her lap.

She kisses my hair, "I'm sorry baby," she cries.

I sob, "It's okay. I have to get ready.." I say and then look at her and put my hand on her cheek, "Please don't get hurt," I say.

She sighs and kisses my forehead, "I'd better get hurt myself," she says.

She helps me stand up and I feel that my legs aren't in the best function. I fall in mom's arms.

She sighs and kisses my forehead and walks me to my bed, "You're not going to school today. Get some rest," she says.

"No mom. I have to, he," I start.

"I'll talk to him. Don't you worry. And I'll call school," she says, fondling my hair.

I sigh, "Thank you," and lie down. She smiles at me concerned and kisses my forehead after I've climbed back under the sheets.

"I'll bring you some ice. Sleep," she says.

I sigh and nod, "Thanks mom," I say.

"Anything for you baby," she says and kisses my hair and goes out of my room, closing the door behind her.

I sigh and close my eyes.

*Time pass*

I guess, that I fall asleep immediatly, caude when I open my eyes, it's because I feel someone touch my shoulder.

I basically jump up from bed and then look at him. It's Chic. And Polly is standing next to him, both smirking evilly.

I sigh and lie back down, "What do you want?" I ask and look at them, feeling a stinging pain in my cheek.

"I see that you were too weak to come to school today," Chic says.

I sigh and roll my eyes at the cealing, "It's my room. Just get out," I say calmly.

They both laugh, "You know..." Polly starts, "One boy asked us about you," she says.

My eyes widen and I look at her. They both chuckle, "What did he look like?" I ask.

"Some cheap leather jacket with a symbol, tall, beanie," Chic starts.

I sigh and look back at my hands. They laugh.

"Is he... Your boyfriend?" Polly smirks.

I slap him softly, "I've never even talked to him. I've never met him. I only saw him. And you know, that I will never talk to him, because of you two. So just leave me alone," I say.