CHAPTER 12

*Thanksgiving was on Thursday. They didn't have to go to school on Friday or Saturday or Sunday. Now it's monday.*

Jug's POV

"Hey baby," I say as Betty wakes up next to me, with a little distance still. I haven't touched her for gour days now and it's killing me, "How are you feeling?" I ask, knowing that she won't answer.

She's just staring into my eyes and hiding her emotions. I sigh and kiss her hair, "You sure, you wanna go to school?" I ask.

She nods and sits up on the bed. I sigh again and do the same, "Okay, let's get ready," I say and kiss her hair again.

She gives me a little smile, that isn't a smile. She's actually just raising the corners of her mouth. And since she isn't communicating with us in any other way, I know, that she says that she loves me or thank you or something like that. I just have to figure out, why she isn't talking or showing her emotions.

Alice's funeral was yesterday, but she didn't even cry then. She remained emotionless. Even Chic and Polly were crying.

*Time pass*

Betty's POV

I go into my first class. I ignore all the eyes on me and sit down next to Toni. It's our biology class. Polly and Chic aren't here for some reason. I guess, that they decided to stay home today.

I look at Toni for a moment, cause she looks concerned of me. I know, that all the serpents know, that I haven't been basically sleeping and I've been eating only as much as I need to survive. And that I don't talk or do anything except for sitting on my bed and thinking.

I put my arms on the table and rest my head on them as the teacher starts the class and probably everyone is still looking at me.

*Time pass, the lunch*

I hear the bell ringing. So I get up slowly, pack my things and go out of the class as the last one.

I see everyone in one place. And I see Polly and Chic there, handing everyone something.

Someone sees me, "There she is!" she yells. All the cameras turn on me.

I'm confused, but I won't show it. They all start telling me something or bullying me. And I don't even listen to them.

I walk to my locker and see that everyone reads the little books, that Polly and Chic are handing everyone.

I take one too, in the same time that some serpents. I see the title: "Betty Cooper".

I gasp air and open it. Here's everything that I wrote in my diary about my mom's death.

I hear that some of the serpents start punching someone. But I'm looking at my locker: "Don't cry baby girl" is written there in blood.

I can feel my tears. And then I start breathing rapidly. I finally start to cry. After 4 days.

I can feel Jug's hands on my shoulders. I turn around amd look at him with tears. He puts his arms around me while everyone is quiet, except for serpents punching my siblings probably.

I put my arms around his neck and can feel my knees getting weak. He puts his hands on my thighs and scoops me up. I put my legs tightly around him and start sobbing into his serpent jacket.