CHAPTER 16

*9PM*

Betty's POV

"Movie time," the woman says, "Gosh, you look horrible," she says.

"That's what you get from cutting me three times in a day and then patching up," I say.

She slaps me but I don't do anything, just walk to the movie room. Tonight we are escaping.

I go and sit next to Veronica and they play some gay-is-bad movie.

"Did you see some?" I ask quietly.

She looks at one window in this room. I see a ladder there.

"Great, we're taking these kids with us," I whisper. She nods. Every adult has left so we get up.

"Everyone," I say with a quiet voice. They all look at us, "We're escaping," I say. They all smile hopefully.

"Here's not many of us. If we move quietly and in row and fast, we can all get out," I say, looking at 8 more teens in this room. They all nod.

"Follow us," Veronica says. They all get up and we move to the window. It's not opened, it has a lock.

"Does anyone have a bobby pin or something?" I ask.

One boy pulls it out from his hair, "My dad locks me everywhere," he says.

I nod sadly and start to open the lock, "How can you do it?" Veronica asks me in amazement.

"I'm a mechanic," I say and unlock it. I hand it back to the boy, who's standing behind me.

"Ronnie go," I say, hearing steps. She climbs out and starts climbing down. So do I and so does the boy.

"What are you doing?" the woman who tortures me yells and shuts the window, though she sees us.

"Run," I say as we reach the ground. All three of us start running to one direction.

"Where are we going?" the boy asks.

"Back to home," I say, "It's this way," I say and point and we all run, shaking in the same time.

"What's your name?" Veronica asks.

"Kevin," the boy says.

I raise my eyebrows, "Are you the Sheriffs son?" I ask.

He nods, "Yes, and my dad is great. He thinks that I'm with mom at the moment, but she sent me here, cause I'm gay," he says angrily.

We're all angry, "Guys," I cry and we all stop, "I can't run. It hurts. They cut me," I cry.

"Come on," Kevin says and squats down, waiting for me to hop on.

"Are you sure?" I cry.

"Yes, Betty come on. I'm the capten of the wrestling team," he says.

I sigh in relief and go on his back. He stands up and holds on from my legs as they are around him like my arms.

"You're so light, have you eaten something?" he asks.

"I used to starve all my life," I cry.

"What?" he asks.

"Her dad and siblings were beating her and starving and rapind and so much more," Veronica says and I nod.

"That's why you were in there?" Kevin asks in shock.

"No, my dad killed my mom a few weeks ago and he is in jail and I'm living with the Jones'," I say and start cry even more, "I usually hide all my emotions from people and I didn't do anything for 4 days after my mom died. I didn't even say a word," I cry.