the clock is ticking, and i'm out of of time ➼ malum

michael finds this whole soulmate thing horrible. he's eighteen and he still hasn't found his soulmate, all because of the stupid clock imprinted on his arm.

everyone else around him has met theirs, or is close to meeting theirs. michael isn't even close, he still has three years. everyday he wishes all the numbers on his arm would turn zero. but no, he has to wait until he's fucking twenty one to meet his.

society doesn't care who your soulmates are. all everyone cares about is finding the one person that you're going to be with the rest of your life, and that you're going to love them for the rest of your life.

michael also finds it unfair that you're already paired with someone. you can't go out and meet a random person and say 'hey, wanna go out with me some time?'

like for instance, he would date his best friend ashton or amelia if he could. they're both beautiful inside and out, and he hates that he can't be with someone he chooses. wait, that would be bad if he dated ashton or amelia, they're brother and sister and if michael broke up with one of them broke up... yikes it would be bad.

michael glared at ashton as he acted all lovey dovey with his boyfriend, kendal. they were so freaking cute and michael wanted nothing more than to not be the third wheel. not only was ashton and kendal acting all lovey dovey, luke and his girlfriend sierra were acting the same way.

not only did it hurt, but it also had jealousy quaking in michael's gut. he wanted that, he wanted someone to kiss and hug whenever he wanted to.

but no, his stupid clock just wanted to wait until he was twenty one.

michael watched the seconds tick down, sighing and looked down at his lap, fiddling with the loose string on his leggings.

michael liked cute clothes. his basically everyday wear was leggings and a long t-shirt. if he felt really good that day, he would wear a skirt or a dress. it all depended on his mood, and ever since he learned that he liked a different clothing style for him, he's been attached to black leggings and long t-shirts.

he also matched his mood with his clothes. he would wear different colored shirts for his mood that he wakes up with. sure he tried burning off the feeling if he's mad, sad, jealous, or numb, but some times it's not that easy. especially when you dread the day that awaits.

michael felt someone tap on his arm, and he looked up to see luke giving him a small smile. "are you okay?" he mouthed, not wanting the attention to be on his best friend because he knows how michael is when attention is on him.

michael considering lying, but yet again he's wearing a grey shirt, which meant he wasn't exactly sad, but he wasn't happy either. so obviously luke would know he's lying. and by his actions, it's obvious that he's not okay. so michael shook his head, and looked back down.

luke frowned. he hated seeing his best friend upset. he knows it's because he still hasn't met his soulmate (and other reasons of course) since everyone else around him has or is a day or week away from meeting theirs.

luke met sierra two months ago, and she's been an absolute blessing in his life. she always carries this happy spirit, and it's hard to be sad around her. when she's sad, luke doesn't know what to and feels like a failure because he's so used to sierra making him happy. but sierra always reassures that he's not a failure, and it's okay if he can't make her happy sometimes.

you can't make everyone happy, sadly enough.

"do you want to go home? i'll take you." luke whispered.

michael shook his head. "i don't want to be rude."

"michael, you're upset, it's okay. i'll take you home if you want me to."