lashton ➼ but you gave it away

part 2 of lashton i gave you my heart

luke ignored all of ashton's texts and calls.

how dare he try and talk to him when he knows that he's hurting.

luke feels so embarrassed, sad, angry, and confused all at once. he hoped no one else heard their conversation, or saw him running out of the house in tears because he was rejected. of course ashton wouldn't like him like that, what was luke thinking? maybe he was flirting without realizing it. maybe that's just the way ashton is. maybe-

luke's phone rang again for the twentieth time, and he was half tempted to block ashton's number. if it was so important, why didn't ashton just show up? if he's wanting to talk oh so dearly to him, he only lives a few minutes away.

luke declined the call, and laid back down on his bed and began crying all over again. he felt so stupid. he didn't know why there was a chance ashton could like him. look at him, he's shy, not social, his anxiety is all over the place in school and out in public, he's a nerd, and he's terrible looking.

he doesn't even know how ashton can be his friend. luke wouldn't want to be friends with himself, who would? he felt bad for ashton, maybe he thinks that he has to be friends with him just because they've known each other since middle school. maybe he thinks he has to be friends with luke. maybe-

his phone rang again, and luke angrily accepted the call. "what?"

"luke? thank god, are you home? are you okay? are-"

"shut up ashton. i'm fine, now leave me alone." luke snapped, ending the call and blocked ashton's number.

luke threw his phone across his room, and screamed into his pillow. shouldn't ashton ignore luke? shouldn't he be telling the whole school now? shouldn't he be teasing and making fun of him now?

he didn't understand. ashton sounded so upset and worried on the phone. why does he care? he already broke luke's heart. why does he keep trying to contact him?

luke buried himself into his covers, and silently cried himself into a sleep.

__

luke woke up two hours later, and he heard his mom talking to someone in the living room. he rubbed his eyes and sat up in his bed. he looked around the room for his phone, and checked to see if the screen was broken. luckily, it wasn't and he sighed in relief. his mom would beat his ass if his phone screen was cracked.

he walked out of his room, and when he turned into the living room, he did not expect to see ashton at all. "why are you here?"

ashton stopped talking and looked at luke. his eyes softened and he stood up. "i-i came to see you."

"why?" luke snapped.

ashton looked offended. "to see if you're okay."

luke scoffed. "yeah, i'm perfectly fine. the boy i've crushed on for a year now broke my heart last night. no biggie, i'm doing great."

ashton winced and bit his lip. the room was silent, and liz was looking at the boys with a frown on her face. she hated to see her youngest son so hurt. "ashton, i think you should leave now." liz whispered, standing up.

ashton shook his head. "please luke, i'm sorry." he said quietly.

"what are you sorry for?!" luke shouted. "are you sorry because i have feelings for you? are you sorry because you don't feel the same way? if anything, i should be sorry for falling for you. i knew that something like this would happen."