i kissed a boy ➼ cake

calum was confused.

for most of his life, he's found girls attractive. he's had relationships in the past with a few girls, but now things are different.

recently, he's been finding guys attractive. he thought that maybe he was just thinking they they are good looking boys but no. there was something nagging at him at the back of his head telling him that he wanted to date them, and he wanted to date them now.

he's never thought about dating a guy. okay actually that's a lie, but only because his best friend luke has came out as gay just a year ago. calum had wondered then what it would be like to date a guy. he was straight, and he was curious as to how it would be like to date another guy. he's one hundred precent supportive about the lgbt+ community, but sometimes just has questions as to how it's like to not be attracted to the opposite sex. he doesn't think it's wrong or weird, he's just not used to it.

but now finding other guys extremely attractive and wanting nothing but to date them or even just kiss them is confusing him. he's always thought of that with girls, so why is it now happening with guys? maybe it's just a one time thing and it will eventually go away.

but no, it didn't go away. after trying to convince himself that he only likes girls and this is just some phase, the urges of wanting to date guys became stronger.

he has questions, a lot of them. but he can't answer them himself. he's so confused and scared that he doesn't know what to do.

so he went to the one person he knew he could trust, and would help him understand what is going on.

his parents were both out running errands, so now was a perfect time for his best friend to come over. he doesn't want to have the conversation while his parents were here. he doesn't even know if they are supportive of the lgbt. he's never bothered to ask or find out.

the bell rang, and calum immediately raced towards the door. he opened the door, and basically dragged luke inside the house and slammed the door shut.

"we gotta talk." calum said quickly.

luke looked at him confused. "okay?" he said slowly.

they both sat down on the couch, and calum opened his mouth to speak, but a wave of fear washed over him and nothing came out. he has so many questions as to why he feels like this, and how. he's just so confused and scared.

"it's okay calum, talk to me." luke said softly, becoming a bit worried about his best friend. he's never seen calum like this before, and he knew that this was something serious. did someone die? or maybe someone broke his heart?

"h-how did you know you were gay?" calum asked quietly.

and no, luke was not expecting that question. or anything about that topic at all. but he answered the question anyways. "i never found myself wanting to date any girls. dating a girl in my mind felt icky and i dunno, i came to the conclusion that i wasn't straight."

calum nodded his head. "how um, how do you feel around guys? like, attractive guys?"

luke was now slowly growing confused. he doesn't know why calum is asking these questions, but maybe he's just curious and wants to learn more. there's no problem with trying to learn about the lgbt community.

"everyone is attractive, well that's what i think. but, i'm just gonna say it, i've hooked up with a few guys a couple of times. it just feels right. kissing a guy, or thinking about being in a relationship with a guy just feels right to me." luke answered.

calum only nodded again. he's had similar feelings too. he hasn't kissed any boys though, but the thought of dating a boy or kissing a boy felt... right. but dating a girl or kissing a girl also felt right.