cashton ➼ special day

calum was woken up with small kisses pressed all over his face and he smiled as he opened his eyes, seeing his lover.

"happy birthday baby." ashton whispered, pecking calum's lips sweetly.

calum hummed in reply, rubbing ashton's hip. "thank you baby. what's the plan for today?"

ashton rolled out of bed and slipped on a shirt. "i haven't gotten that far yet, jesus cal we just woke up."

calum laughed, putting on a shirt as well and went out to the living room. peach, their orange cat, marched into the kitchen with calum and began meowing. the maori boy held a conversation with the pet, meowing at each other until ashton came in the kitchen with a confused look on his face.

"you and that cat are so weird." ashton muttered, pulling out the griddle from one of the cabinets.

calum scooped the cat up and rubbed his face against her fur. "we're just best friends."

the cat mewled, squirming to get off of calum's grip and he released her. peach ran off, probably hiding so that she doesn't get tortured any further.

ashton made breakfast, bacon egg and cheese sandwiches for the both of them. calum thanked him quietly, eating the food. his husband poured coffee and creamer into his coffee mug, giving calum a small kiss on the forehead.

they both finished breakfast, going to the bathroom to brush their teeth.

truth was, ashton really didn't have plans for calum's birthday like he normally does. they go on adventures all of the time, and there's not one place they haven't been to. except all across the world but ashton wasn't ready to travel on a airplane just yet.

ashton flopped on the couch and sighed. there was nothing he could think of to do. maybe he can go ahead and give calum his first present? or maybe go ahead and bake the cake? he didn't know, it was only nine in the morning and there's a whole day ahead of them.

"ashton love, what's stressing you out hm?" calum asked, sitting next to ashton and bringing his husband into his arms.

"i don't know what to do for your birthday." ashton huffed, looking up at calum.

the maori boy smiled and kissed ashton's forehead. "baby love, we don't have to do anything. we can just stay home and relax. it's been a while since we've had a day to chill."

ashton groaned. "but it's your birthday! we have to do something special!"

calum sighed. "a birthday is a birthday, just because i'm turning a new age doesn't mean we have to do anything special."

it's nice to do things on your birthday, but from how calum sees it, a birthday is just a birthday. that one day is your day, but the next day will be like any normal day. the excitement will be over and everything will be the same again.

"fine, what do you want to do?" ashton asked, giving up on trying to convince calum to do something fun.

"like i said, just relax. we can watch movies, cuddle, nap, just relaxing." calum answered.

ashton nodded, "can we at least build a fort? for fun?"

calum laughed. "of course baby."

ashton went to the hall closet to gather sheets and pillows while calum got the kitchen chairs and put them in the living room. he moved the couches back so there was enough room for them to build the fort and to still see the tv. they usually do this when they just want to be lazy, and even though they're grown men, they are children at heart.