Chapter 39

Tobias Pov:

Tobias Johnson, is my name. I live with Evelyn Johnson, and George Johnson. I live in Dallas. I go to a high school, with a name I don't care to learn. There is more. I know it, but it is too hard to find. 

"Hey," My mom says to me as I am rolling out of bed. I think she is my mom I don't really know. I have a strange feeling that my mom is supposed to be dead, but I can't really pinpoint where that feeling comes from. 

"Hi. What time is it?" I ask. I don't have an alarm clock yet. It is still in boxes. 

"It's Friday, and your five minutes late to school." She comments. 

"Oh, well. Guess I'm not Going." I laugh. This will make her mad. 

"Tobias, just go." She raises her voice. I can't help but laugh, because the whole having a mom thing feels new to me. Thinking about it hurts my brain, so I stop. 

"Fine." I hold up my arms and grab a black t-shirt to put on. At the moment I happen to be wearing basketball shorts, so that is what I will be wearing to school. 

"Your wearing that?" George asks me as I walk past the kitchen. He is all about looking nice. 

"Yeah." I reply to him. 

"Go change." He orders me. I hate how strict he is.

"I'm late." I tell him as I walk out the door. I don't care if he has to track me down, but until then I am not changing. 

Evelyn gave me the keys to her car, so I can drive myself today. I get to her white Jeep, and I get in. As it is I can hardly find my way around the city, let alone get to my school. Whatever, I'm already late. 

When I pull in, I get out and head into the school. I rush past the attendance window, so they don't see me. When I'm clear, I sneak into my second period class and sit down. 

"Nice of you to join us." The teacher comments on my tardiness. 

I just glare at him, so he will just get over it and go back to the lesson. After that is over, I drift through the rest of my day. When school is over, I drive to the gym and do my daily workout. George decided it was important that I stay in shape, so he decided to pay for me to train with a boxing coach. 

When I finally get home, George is waiting for me. "Tobias." He barks through his teeth. 

"What can I do for you?" I ask him as I make my way to the fridge. The first thing I see is a protein shake, so I take it. 

After I have closed the door and turned around, George is standing really close to me. "You stole your mother's car." 

"No she let me use it today." I tell him. She handed me her keys this morning. 

"Give them to me." He opens his hands, and I drop the keys into them. "You are not allowed to drive." 

"Okay, sure." I say to him as I walk by. When I'm up in my room, there is two things on my bed. A computer and a phone. I open the basic phone just to figure out it is nothing special. The computer turns out to be lacking internet. 

"There is someone coming by tonight Tobias." Evelyn walks into my room.

"Why did you tell him I took the car?" I ask her as I set my things down on my desk.

"I didn't." She shrugs and watches my every movement.

"Well he is under the impression that I stole it." I lower my voice so George won't hear.

"Okay." She ends the topic. "Your visitor will be here any minute."

Just then the doorbell rings. Evelyn rushes down stairs to the door. "Welcome!" I get closer to my bedroom door, so I could hear. "Jeanine couldn't come. She thought it might be a trigger." A man says. Jeanine, that sounds familiar