One true mate

About:
In this world, everyone has a mate no matter what. Sometimes you know the first time you meet, sometimes you only know years in.

DISCLAIMER: This used to be horrific and I've done my best to change it.

Jimin hated everything about his wedding. He did not want to marry Taehyung. But his parents forced him because it was his 22nd mating season that he had no mate. The married couple jungkook and Hoseok had the same thing a year before. They had to mate and their parents simply had no faith they would ever find their true mate.

Hoseok stormed out upon seeing his love marry that Taehyung. Despite knowing for a long time, he knew Jimin didn't know that Hoseok was his real mate.
Jungkook followed "look none of us want to do this. I'm obviously not your mate and Taehyung is certainly not Jimin's. We just have to deal with it. In fact, it's not that bad. You can just cheat because I know you aren't mine."
Hoseok got angry and slapped him hard in the face. He was watching his true mate get married off! Jungkook grabbed his face and swore filthily at Hoseok. "For the last time you cunt. I didn't asked to marry you so don't take this shit out on me you motherfucker."
Hoseok walked away and was prepared to plot something he thought he would never do in order to get Jimin back.

-time skip 3 months later-
Jimin kissed his husband on the lips and waved him goodbye. He groaned. He hated this. He always saw how Taehyung looked at Jungkook and felt left out that he wasn't sure who he was going to look at like that. He felt horrible marrying someone else's mate. And kinda scared because he knew how some people go too far to get their mate back. Why couldn't his parents just wait a bit longer for him to find his true mate?

-later that night-

Taehyung came back and saw Jimin watching TV. He was cheating on him with Jungkook. It wasn't his fault. He was his mate and no one can resist their mate. Taehyung felt like Jimin already knew.
He sat next to Jimin and hugged him
Taehyung could feel him flinch. Guess he knew about the fact Taehyung was with Jungkook. Taehuyng lightly grazed his nails against Jimin's cheek, being careful to not cut him
"I'm sorry Jimin. I've found my mate and I'm cheating. But when you find yours, you can do whatever you feel with him."
"I know." Jimin replied bitterly, moving his face away causing Taehyung's nails to accidently scratch him. Jimin didn't want a marrage to be this way; forced. So much so that the both of them in it allowed one another to cheat.

-meanwhile-

Hoseok thought about what he had just done: kicking out Jungkook and all of his things. It made him feel bad knowing the younger was homeless. But, he liberated himself from a year and a half long marriage with no love or passion. Hoseok realised that he needed to sort out Taehyung. It was the kindest thing he could do because no one took away someone's mate without consequence.

He made his way over to Taehyung and Jimin's house and banged hard on the door
"OPEN UP NOW!" He screamed. After no response, he kicked it down

He saw Jimin with scratch marks down his cheek. Hoseok realised: Taehyung did it. Taehyung must of been abusing Jimin. He got so angry, he lunged for Taehyung and punched him in the face. A loud scream could only be heard as Taehyung held the injured part.

"I swear I didn't mean to. It was Jimin's fault-" he couldn't even finish as Hoseok spat "Victim blaming? That's how low you've gotten? And by the way. Jungkook is gone!!" The words echoed in Tae's mind. Gone. His own mate... gone... never to be seen again.. "you should see what I did to him. You won't ever see him again!" He laughed. And smashed Taehyung's head into the table.

Jimin cowered away into the corner. He realised that his mate was there: a heartless person. Hoseok walked away and opened the door, signalling for Taehyung to come . "I'm sorry it had to be this way but I must remove you for the best." Jimin felt his heart pound. He was in love despite witnessing a horrid scene.
Hoseok finished off Tae by picking him up and sitting him outside the door. "Don't ever come back." Jimin stood up and kissed Hoseok. He no longer cared about his ex-husband and his mate being kicked out by his own mate: The person he was waiting for his entire life.
Hoseok pulled out of the kiss after and asked something of Jimin. "Can you help me move in and we can be together forever"
Jimin only replied not hesitating "yes!!"

-5 years later-

Jimin and Hoseok ended up starting a business in how to find one's true mate- which was very successful. People from many parts of the world came to them for help out of forced marriages, being treated poorly by their one and much more.

Hoseok never forgot about Tae and Jungkook. He always felt a twang of guilt for getting rid the both of them. However, he always thanked them at their graves for indirectly helping him find his one true mate