Chapter 41: Brother's Confession...

***

Ashlyn's POV

***

This type of scenario continued for almost 3 weeks. The red and white roses, chocolates, lunch, and even some home visits.

Believe it or not, they're starting to get in my nerves. I don't want to lose my friendship with them but they're forcing me to end it.

My day was the same as the previous weeks, but one thing was different. No white rose and Nathan was out of sight. Ethan had no competition for the entire day.

The school bell rang, an indication that the day is over. As I walk through the corridor (on my way to Brittney and the others), a hooded figure caught my attention. It was Nathan.

Nung una nag-aalangan pa 'ko kung lalapitan ko siya, but because of my curiosity, I approached him anyway...

"Ba't ka absent kanina?". No response.

"Kinakausap kita Nathan". Still, no response. I give up. Paalis na sana ako nang hawakan nya ang kamay ko.

"I won't compete anymore...", natigilan ako. I didn't respond. We're the only ones at the hallway. There's not even a single shadow aside from ours...

"I know you still love him Ash. I can feel that. Kaya hindi ko na sasaktan ang sarili ko. Ayaw na din kitang pahirapan. I shouldn't have made you choose in the first place, heck I shouldn't have fell for you in the first place...", a tear left his eyes. I just stood there ..puzzled.

"You'll know the reason eventually, but in the meantime-" he paused and kissed my forehead.

"--know that I'll still be looking out for you...", and with that, he left.

I stood there, frozen. What did he mean by that? I should be happy right? I mean, the competition's over. Why am I not satisfied?

"Ashlyn! Huy tara na, ano bang tinitignan mo jan?", I turned around, it was Brittney. I ran towards them and didn't utter a word. Hanggang sa makarating ako ng bahay, hindi ako umiimik.

"Ashlyn ok ka lang?", tanong sakin ni Ethan. Yes, nakasanayan na din kasi niya na hinahatid ako pauwi since we're in the same neighborhood.

"Uhm, yes. I just need some time to think"

"O-okay... goodnight", he said and left.

I was about to touch the doorknob when the door swung open.

"What is that bastard doing here?!", it was kuya Zayne, kelan pa siya nakauwi?

"Hinatid lang ako kuya..", I replied with a lazy voice as I walk past him.

"Oh no. You're coming with me young lady...", he said as he grasps my left wrist leading me up to his room.

Nakasalubong pa namin si Vanessa sa hallway...

"Hi kuya, ano'ng meron?"

"Not now Nessa", pag-iwas ni kuya kay Nessa.

He locked the room as we got inside...

"What were you thinking Ashlyn?! Is once not enough? He hurt you once, did you forget? Akala ko ba siya lang ang may amnesia ha? Eh pati ikaw din ata eh! Imbes na--"