9.

CHAPTER 9

LOUIS

"W-Who are y-you?" Harry said in his low husky voice.

Louis slowly released himself from hugging Harry and he looked at Harry's face questioningly.

"W-What?" Louis said, his voice small because he's not getting any of Harry's antics.

"Y-You were hugging me awhile ago. Y-You seemed happy to see me. But... I don't even know you nor have I ever seen you before." Harry said with his worried eyes.

"Mr. Tomlinson, may I have a word with you—" Louis didn't let the Doctor finish

"NO!" Louis shouted and wiped the stray tears on his cheek and he stood his ground "Harry, what the fuck are you saying!?"

Louis could see that Harry flinched from his words but this time, he didn't apologize for cussing because Harry's been completely irrational.

He knows Harry too much.

He knows that Harry could be a little bit naughty at times and he'd fool other people.

But Louis won't be a victim.

Louis chuckled but then his chuckles turned into a loud laugh. His voice was echoing inside the room making Harry's eyebrows scrunch in curiousness. "Baby, Come on! This is getting old already, Hazza. I told you, you can play with other people and trick them but not me! I know the ins and outs of this joke, Harry." Louis said and stared directly into Harry's eyes.

His eyes were cold.

No hints of recognition, just pure curiosity.

"I'm sorry, sir." Harry said sheepishly and massaged his head. Harry turned to the nurse that was beside her and said "My head's throbbing. Could you give me some pain reliever?"

The nurse looked at the Doctor that was now standing beside Louis as if asking for his permission. The Doctor nodded and signaled the nurse that it was okay to give Harry some pain relievers.

"Mr. Tomlinson, I am sorry. But I have to talk to you about... this." The Doctor said calmly trying to decipher Louis' mood.

Louis couldn't feel anything.

It was as if his soul detached from his body as he watched Harry take the pill that was given to him and slowly drank the entire glass of water.

"Louis..." Anne approached him from behind and as he turned around he saw Anne's eyes were red and puffy. "Let the doctor explain first, love."

He looked at Harry once again waiting for the curly boy to end this nonsense of a joke of his. But he didn't.

Harry just fidgeted with the hem of his hospital gown obviously feeling awkward by the fact that there were unfamiliar faces around him and was still constantly looking at him.

Louis could feel his heart ache and the tears were threatening to fall from his eyes.

"Harry..." Louis quietly called out the name of the man that he loves the most. But the cold green eyes that met his blue ones that were full of love weren't exactly what he was used to.

Louis was guided by Anne outside the room as the nurse took care of Harry. Louis could feel that he was about to faint. Liam and Niall were walking to his direction as Gemma, Jay, Lottie and Fizzie came from the other side.

The Doctor took a deep breath before he spoke to the family.

"As I've said to Mrs. Cox awhile ago, due to the impact that Harry experienced during the accident it resulted to a partial amnesia." Louis felt like crying from the mention of the word but the Doctor continued what he was saying "I am so sorry for what happened. But we also didn't see this coming not until Mr. Styles woke up and the only thing he remembers was his mom and his sister. He did not even know why he was here."