23.mutual

Hallie's POV

After Anna's and Dalton's dance I pulled her out once again, her face was red and she had a goofy lovestruck smile on her face. "you looked amazing" she hugs me tightly "so do you!" I smile and she continues "also.. how's it going with my brother?" I raise my eyebrows pretending like I don't know what she's saying. "nothing" I pause and she waits for me to continue "I like him" I confess, she hugs me again squeezing me to death. "now go tell him that" my face drops "what- no" she grabs my hand and pulls me into the room again "Anna im not telling him!" She sighs "fine, but you have to tell him eventually or I will" I roll my eyes and she smiles "I'm not kidding" she whispers. We walked back to our dates, and danced until another slow song came on. Daniel bowed and gave me his hand "may I have this dance" I laugh and take his hand "you may" and curtsey, he slowly pulls me into his chest. His one hand on my hip and the other holding up my hand, I rested my head on his chest. I felt butterflies and I tried my best to compose myself,after a few seconds he rested his chin on my head. I let out a shakey breath and closed my eyes. I wanted to take in this moment completely, I didn't want this to get away from me. "hallie-" Daniel whispers, "Daniel" I say barely audbiable. He whispers to himself "here goes nothing" he took a deep breath and I take my head off his chest to make eye contact with him. I stare into his ocean blue eyes as he found the words to say, the song in the background changes to an upbeat song but we still stare at each other, he sighed and shook his head "it's not the right place, or time" he says, I nod slowly and swallow hard. I had a feeling or maybe even a piece of hope i knew what was going to come out his mouth. "well when it is, tell me" I say. He smiles half-heartedly, and his attention drawn only on me "I'm sorry, im just confused" I shrug nodded "I understand" he raises his eyebrow "you do?" I nod with a smile "yeah Daniel I do" he picks at his lips "are we talking about the same thing?" A wave of embarssment washes over me "well I sure hope so" I whisper, he smiles and bend down kissing my cheek. I feel myself blush, my body felt like it was on fire and I couldn't find my breath. "I do too" he says, I smile and brush the strand of hair that had fallen onto his forehead. "I like your hair when it's not done" I say, he smiles "me too, it's less work" I laugh and so does he. I glance at the clock to see the dance was almost over and I frown a little, "what?" He turns to see where I was looking and I realise we were still holding on to one another "it's almost over" I say, he turns back "after party?" He winks jokingly, "as long as the after party consists of sweatpants and a hoodie" he chuckles "of course" his smile widens, I feel the eyes of people and look directly at Anna and Dalton. I smile and wave them over. "you guys look cosy!" Dalton cheers, I roll my eyes and take my hands off of Daniel, Daniel kept his one hand around my back holding my hip. "do you guys want an after party?" Anna smirks "sounds like fun but where?" Dalton smiles wide "my house, it will just be us" we all nod, "we need to go home to get clothes" after saying that the DJ calls and says this was the last song of the night. We all dance together and half way through decided to leave before we couldn't.

At Daltons house

We all sit on the couch watching a movie and eating pizza, it was midnight but surprisingly none of us were tired. I sat between Daniel and Anna, I had my head rested on Daniels shoulder. He took a few photos of us and sent them to his bands gc, the one picture I liked a lot and I told him to send it to me. I screenshot it and look at it, he was smiling but without his teeth and had his chin on my head, I was smiling with my eyes closed. I don't know why I liked the picture so much but I did. I changed his contact photo to it and I knew he was watching me. My phone vibrates and i see I was a message from him, I roll my eyes and read the message.

dani

hi :)

hEy