36. always

"yeah?" he looked as if he was collecting himself before continuing "be honest, completely" he slid off the bed and moved closer to me, the only space between us was my bag "okay" he licked his lips "are you okay?" I look down at my bag, I didn't want to break down especially not infront of him "no" he moves bag and slowly brings me onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around me, it's felt so nice and comfortable to be in his arms, It felt like home. "every little thing, is gonna be alright" he sung quietly, I placed my hand on his neck and pulled my face closer to his chest. "Rise up this morning, smile with the rising sun" his voice was so low, it was merely a whisper."Three little birds pitch by my doorstep" I closed my eyes listening to his sweet harmony "Singin' sweet songs of melodies pure and true" he ran his finger through my hair and began to sway
"Sayin', this is my message to you" he moved his head closer to mine and whispered "Singin', don't worry about a thing" I look up into his ocean eyes "'Cause every little thing is gonna be alright" he placed a kiss on my forehead, then wiped away the tears i didn't realised I had.

His thumb caressed my face as he looked down at me. In this moment, everything I've ever felt toward thus child enhanced, like it was almost like I've been in love with him for years. I can't say love, I don't know what love is and I don't know how to love. I wanted him to kiss me and by looks of it i wasn't the only one. The night he told us to just be friends plays in the back of my mind but it felt so far away, like it's been years since it happend. I lost all track of time, he kisses my forehead again. I close my eyes for a few seconds to regain control,  it was like his eyes,  his touch, him were causing me to forget.

Daniels pov

I kiss her forehead again and she closes her eyes. I hoped the words I sung to her and the way I'm holding her made her feel better or atleast at home. I regret telling her we should just be friends because I definitely want to be more than that but I don't want to put her through long distance, or making her trust me while I'm gone for months even though I know I would never cheat. I just don't want to put her through that pain bit now she has more pain, pain I could never imagine how hard it is. I want to be her rock as much as I can, I want her to depend on me.

Her eyes open again and I can see her vulnerability in those grey irises. "thank you daniel" she whispers, I caress her face again "I'll always be here for you Hallie, always" she grabs my hand and smiles. The moment we shared together will be special forever, it's something only her and I will remember and I hope it means as much to her as it does with me

A knock on the door makes her jump and I frown knowing I had to let go of her. She slips out of my grip and looks at her bag pretending like she was doing something, I stand up sitting on my bed "yeah?" the door opens and my moms bright smile greeted us "you two almost ready?" Hallie stands up "i need to put this in the washer first" she walks past my mom and out the door, "what were you two up too?" i meet my mom at the door "just talking" she raises her eyebrow but doesn't question me.

Anna was hugging Hallie as their laughs fill the air, I don't know what happened between them but the sight of hallie smiling warmed my heart. "Lets go girls!" my mother chirps happily, "i call shotgun" Anna says, I glance at hallie who was walking beside me. I couldn't care less about the front seat, I got to sit next to her. Anna plays songs that get and hallie sing along to, I catch myself looking at hallie to often and try to force myself to stop.

"i missed this" hallie mumbles, she looks up at me. I knew no body else heard her, she smiles and my heart flutters. I return a smile, her hand was only a few inches away. i rested my hand on hers and squeezed it, my heart was beating at a fast pace. She looked at our hands then back at me, her face was as red as my cheeks felt. The song changes and snaps us back to reality, I moved my hand and she turned to look out the window.

throughout dinner the two of us shared glances, it was beginning to feel the way it did months ago when we first discovered whatever these feelings are. I wish the night didn't end as abruptly as it did. I followed my family to their car, I wanted to spend alone time with her and the only way to do that is staying with them "mom"

She turned in my direction, "can I stay with you tonight, I'll sleep on the couch" she nods and laughs "of course what would I say no?" I shrug and swung my arm over her shoulder, Anna gets into the front seat again but I don't care.

"Daniels staying withus tonight, he'll take the couch though hal" she shakes her head "no, it his bed. I'll take the couch" I turn towards he " no I'll take the couch" she shakes her head again "no-" Anna interrupts "how about you guys share the bed" neither of us say anything, "wow, no objection? then it's settled" my jaw drops a bit and hallie giggles, when I turned to her she seemed surprised by her own laugh. I smile and almost instantly blush, the car comes to life and music begins playing.

hallies pov

When we arrive back at their house everyone sat together in the living room before getting ready for bed. I was tired and beat, I just wanted to put on a huge hoodie and shorts and fall asleep. I don't know if Daniel will actually sleep in the bed with me tonight, it's weird to be honest. but then again, we're only friends. friends that make each other blush every 5 seconds. These mixed signals are so confusing, one second he's showing me love and affection then the next he pretends like he never looked at me that way. If I'm being honest, I like daniel. I like him a lot, I was afraid to admit that and now I'm finally over it. I actually like him, I thought Jamie would be a good distraction than after awhile I realised that's a horrible thing to do. Then his sister's told on him...turns out the same night he took me on a date his ex girlfriend showed up and they were kissing. Crazy that I got tea from children, I never asked Jamie about it simply because if he wanted me to know he would tell me. yes it did hurt like he was playing me but I guess I deserved it. I tried using him as distraction, he was cute and seemed so innocent.

I was brushing my teeth when the door opened, I knew who it was. He stops in the doorway, shirtless, and stares at me and crosses his arms over his chest. I spit out the paste, i couldn't be any uglier at this moment and I felt like i was gonna crumble. I met his eyes in the mirror, he smirks and I roll my eyes turning around "hi danni" he stood up from leaning in the door frame "hi hal, you don't mind sharing a bed right? I can always sleep on the couch" if I would of read the sentence he just said it would look full of cockiness but his tone was nonetheless sweet. "I'm find with sharing" I walk past him and sit down on the right side of the bed, he gasps "that's my side" I laugh "it's mine for now" he squints his eyes and walk into the bathroom getting ready for bed, I plug in my charger than my phone. I turn off the light and lay down in the bed facing the bathroom door, I waited for him to be done. I just wanted to see his face, my heart speeds up when the door opens. he flicks off the light than used his phone light to find his way to the bed. he plugs in his phone and lays down facing me. my eyes adjust to darkness and I can see the outline of his face, his eyes were more evident than i would of expect.

"have I ever told you how beautiful you look in the dark, the little bit of light from my window is on your face and it looks.." I bit my lip forcing myself trying to calm down, he makes my heart flutter with every breath "you look stunning" he reaches out and caresses my face like he did earlier, he moved closer..

🌻

i like cliffhangers tbh...since you're here follow me!! this book has over 20k views that's insane, I love you guys <33