Part 3

The next day I was at university with Tae and Hoseok

The next day I was at university with Tae and Hoseok. We all do the same course so we spend all day together.

We were currently sat in the library trying to get a head start on our final project. I couldn't stop thinking about what Yoongi said last night though. My mind is racing with it.

"Chim, talk to me" Tae whispered as he pulled me outside the library door and into the shop near by

"It's nothing"

"You just sat there for 20 minutes staring at nothing and biting your nails. As your best friend, I know you don't bite your nails unless you're really stressed or worried. Tell me" he demanded as he paid for his snacks

"I'm fine"

"Nope. I'm not accepting that answer"

"Tae..."

"No... come on. I'll buy you a coffee"

I let myself get dragged to the nearest coffee shop and sat down as Tae demanded. He soon brought over a coffee for me which instantly made me a little happier.

"Is it because you had to shun someone?"

"No... I'm over that now"

"Okay, is it... uni stress?"

"No"

"Is someone in the pack in trouble?"

"No"

"Chim, please help me here... what is bothering you so much?"

"The fact that I haven't got my mate yet. I have no idea whether it's a boy, girl, tall, short, muscled, fat, thin, nice, nasty, smelly, I have no idea. How can I be 23 years old, and still have no idea? I need to find them, my status as pack leader is in jeopardy because I don't have my mate! How have I not met them yet?"

"I don't know Chim. But I haven't either"

"I know. I'm starting to wonder if you are my mate" I chuckled and saw his face drop and shake his head

"No. That's a scary thought"

"Wow. Thanks"

"I didn't mean it like that" he smiled and tapped my cheeks "you will meet them. I'm sure. Someone as precious as you deserves a mate"

"But what if they already did it? What if they already made the decision to mate with someone else. What if they panic mated and are really happy with whoever it is? I'd be screwed"

"Or maybe... you just haven't met them yet"

And just as he said that I looked out the window and saw him.

My whole body erupted with a sense of protectiveness. The need to block him from everyone else's gaze. Without saying anything to Tae I stood up and walked outside. I halted for a few seconds at the sudden smell of him, feeling all my insides turn gooey. He hadn't noticed me as he kept his gaze on the floor.