Part 26

I linked my hand with Kooks as we sat in the collection of people that had attended today

He played with our wedding rings, smiling softly. It's been 30 years since we got married. In that time we had 5 children. Jungmin, our eldest is getting married to his mate today, meaning everyone from the pack, all our closest friends and family and all of her closest friends and family have joined us.

"I remember our wedding like it was yesterday. I remember how pretty you looked under the lights. How your eyes shined. I remember it all. My stomach still fills with butterflies when I think about it"

"I'm so blessed to call you mine" he smiled and squeezed my hand

"Why are you crying baby?"

"I'm scared"

"Of what?" I asked much more alarmed

"The day we get separated. The thought of not spending a single day with you fills me with fear"

"Kook, Baby. That's not going to happen until way into the future. Were both in perfect health, we'll be okay. Even when it does come to the day where one of us is no longer here... we are destined to find each other again. We're mates... meaning no matter what happens, one day... somewhere we will always be together. Okay?"

"Okay. I'm just scared"

"I know. Me too. But let's not think about it right now... let's celebrate Jungmins love"

"Yeah..." he smiled softly and pouted his lips for a kiss "do you promise to love me forever? Even when it gets difficult to sometimes... promise you will always love me"

"I guess that's a promise I don't mind making" I smiled and kissed him multiple times until the wedding song started. His fingers squeezed around mine as he wiped his tears with the other hand.

"I love you" he whispered with a smile

"I love you and I promise I always will"