Part 4

The following day I didn't feel much better

The following day I didn't feel much better. Sure I was satisfied thanks to Minseok, he's the only person who's satisfied me lately, but the pain in my heart hadn't died down.

I was sat in the library again with Tae, both of us focused on our work when Tae suddenly nudged my arm and told me to look behind me.

My mate was stood glaring at me, his eyes wide and jaw clenched. It took everything in me to not go up to him and see what he was so angry about. Instead I turned around and pretended like I was focusing on my work.

"He's still looking at you" Tae mumbled 10 minutes later as quiet as he can

"Don't look at him. Don't give him the satisfaction"

"What's his deal anyway?"

"I wish I could tell you. I have no idea what's wrong with him"

For the next hour we both stayed silent with Tae occasionally telling me he was still there, that he had left or that he was still there but just not glaring at me.

I gave myself a bathroom break and asked Tae if he wanted anything from the shop, he gave me a quick list and smiled cheekily when he handed it over.

"For gods sake Tae, I may as well just do your weekly shop"

"Okay fine. I'll just have some water and a snack of some kind"

"Okay. I won't be long"

The walk was refreshing. It felt good to feel something other than the muggy library air on my skin. I took deep, long breaths and refilled my lungs with the fresh air before making my way back to Tae.

On the way my eye caught the sight of my mate. The person I crave more than anyone. He caught my eye as well and glared some more before stumping his cigarette out and dragging me by my arm into the bathroom. He shoved me into a stall and locked the door behind us. Whilst normally this would be a terrifying experience for anyone, I know I'm in no danger with him. His body won't allow him to hurt me. It goes against all our natural instincts.

I looked up into his eyes and saw them soft and gentle. I could see him scanning all over my face, taking in every detail before they suddenly became harsh again. He did a low growl and pinned my wrists to the sides of my head

"Who is he?" He growled

"Who?"

"The wolf you stink of. I can smell him all over you, Who the fuck is he?!" He spoke even louder with an even more aggressive growl to it

"Why do you care?"

"Because... you're my mate. You shouldn't be with anyone else"

"If I'm your mate... why aren't you acting like it? Why are you keeping your distance? You're doing everything that should be completely unnatural for us! Why?!"