Part 5

I woke up the next morning to the smell of Jungkook in my arms

I woke up the next morning to the smell of Jungkook in my arms. We both decided last night that we wanted to stay with each other. We needed each other. The thought of leaving each other made us feel so uncomfortable and uneasy. He currently had his head on my chest and an arm draped over my stomach. I tightened my arms around him and enjoyed the silence of my room.

The only things I could hear was the sound of both mine and Jungkook's heart beat, the soft sound of his breathing and the rustling of the curtain from the wind. I pulled the blanket up to Jungkook's shoulders, just incase he was cold and stroked my fingers through his soft, fluffy hair. I smiled to myself when he groaned and cuddled into me more. The smell of him was overpowering and took up every ounce of my being. His smell is the only thing my body has been craving for so long that all I feel is relaxed.

He eventually groaned and shifted his body up so he was more in line with me and opened one eye to look at me. He smiled and shuffled a little closer hesitantly. I rolled over to face him so our chests were almost touching which made him blush and tuck his head into the covers.

"Good morning" I whispered

"Good morning" he giggled from under the covers

"Do you need anything? Water, food, more sleep?"

"Maybe some water please..."

"Of course. I'll be back in a minute"

Once I had the glass of water I handed it to him and admired as he desperately drank it down, sighing at the end with glassy eyes

"I didn't realise how thirsty I was until I started drinking... sorry"

"Don't apologise, it's okay. Just come lie down some more..."

He happily lay down with me again, both of us just basking in the silence and serenity of being with each other. It took me a moment to realise Jungkook was staring at me, not in a weird way... just in a peaceful, content way. His eyes burned directly into mine as his hand moved to graze my cheek.

His fingers felt so soft and gentle against my skin, his finger tips were cold, which made me worry a little that he might be cold but I couldn't focus on anything long enough to act on it. His thumb grazed over my lips, pulling them down, dragging them to the side, pressing on them. Anything and everything just to help him memorise every inch of my face.

"Can I ask you something?" I whispered and noticed how his face became a little uneasy as he nodded "why were you crying? When I first saw you, it was the day before you first saw me. I was about to come and speak to you but you walked away and you were crying. Why?"

"It was because I could smell you. As you know, I didn't want a mate. I didn't want it, but the smell of you... it made me realise how much I need it. I knew at that moment that I needed my mate. I wanted to walk away but I wanted to just stay in your presence and safety. I had never felt that way before. I'd never felt so safe. When I smelt you come outside I couldn't stop myself from crying. It was just so overwhelming. I was angry. Angry that I felt so reliant on you all of a sudden so... I walked away. I didn't look at you because I knew it would make it harder, so much harder to walk away. It pained me. So much. But I just couldn't face you yet"