Chapter Two.

Taehyung

"I'm tired of studying."

Taehyung looked up from his laptop that he had been typing an essay on and rested his eyes on Jimin, who was sitting across the table from him. The pair found themselves inside the library of their university, working tirelessly on their school work as their semester was drawing to a close in a few weeks.

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Taehyung asked, his long fingers poised over the keys of his laptop. Jimin shrugged and dropped his pencil on the desk, leaning back in his chair with a deep sigh.

"Get coffee?" Jimin suggested. Taehyung raised an eyebrow at the older and looked behind him.

"There's a coffee bar right behind us," the younger commented. Jimin frowned.

"I meant a real coffee place, not that shit that was brewed by some librarian who hates their job."

"So you'd rather get coffee from a barista that hates their job?"

A grin slowly found it's way onto Jimin's plump lips. "At least it's the baristas job to brew shitty coffee."

Taehyung shrugged, "True." He then returned Jimin's grin, which led to the two laughing as Taehyung saved his essay and closed his laptop.

"We could go to Boba House," Jimin suggested as both boys stowed their things in their backpacks. "It's about a ten minute walk from here."

Taehyung nodded, slipping his slender arms through the straps of his backpack before adjusting his navy blue sweater. "Sounds good to me."

Jimin grinned at him once again. "Good."

After they left the library, Taehyung and Jimin found themselves walking along a beautiful path. The well-maintained concrete was lined with cedar pines, the scent wafting into Taehyung's nose and providing him with a sense of comfort. The fact that it was lightly snowing outside only added to their picturesque journey, and Taehyung found himself grinning at the world around them.

Until Jimin brought up the subject he had so carefully been avoiding.

"What tattoo were you thinking of getting?"

Taehyung's smile faded into a deep frown as a familiar anxious feeling swelled in his chest. "I'm not sure yet."

"Your appointment is next week, Tae," Jimin reminded him gently. "You know what Seokjin will do if you don't carry through with this; he takes his games very seriously."

Taehyung looked at the ground as they continued towards the coffee shop. "I know, I just really don't feel like I should have to do something permanent that I don't want to do."

"It's either that or you tell him what happened that night."

Taehyung stopped, staring at Jimin with hardened eyes. The older walked a few more steps before realizing the Taehyung was no longer by his side, so he turned around to face him.

"What?" Jimin questioned.

"You sound just like the rest of them," Taehyung said quietly, his voice dripping with venom. "If someone doesn't want to talk about something, shouldn't everyone else understand that some things are meant to be left unsaid? What happened is between Namjoon and I and I'm sick of people asking me what happened. It's over."

Jimin blinked a few times before nodding his head slowly, eventually gesturing Taehyung to continue walking with him.

"Alright, I'm sorry for bringing it up again," Jimin said finally. "Now come on, I'm freezing my ass off out here." Taehyung nodded in acceptance before once again walking alongside Jimin.