Chapter Eighteen.

Taehyung/Jeongguk

Taehyung remained on the couch for what felt like hours. In reality, only minutes had lapsed, but his thoughts were racing so quickly that time seemed to slow.

Warm tears trickled down his face, yet nothing more happened. The numbness of finding out someone he loved had hurt himself struck him, and all he could do was breathe and think.

After a few moments, Taehyung was able to collect himself enough to wipe the tears from his face and stand up, completely ignoring the dull pain in his injured leg as he put weight on it for the first time in weeks. This wasn't about him; he had to be strong for Jeongguk.

Taehyung limped over to the bathroom, bracing himself on the door once he reached it. He knocked on it, willing the tears that pricked his eyes to go away yet again.

When no answer came, Taehyung opened the door and was greeted by an image he never thought he'd see. Jeongguk was sitting on the floor with his back to the wall, his face in his hands. His shoulders were shaking, and the sound of his uneven sobs filled the air.

Taehyung had never seen Jeongguk look like this. His usually confident and smiling boyfriend, who loved to laugh and joke and mess around, looked nothing like the boy sitting on the floor in front of him now.

Taehyung walked over to Jeongguk and sat down next to him, his cast clunking on the floor as he did so. He wasn't sure what to do, so he did what he felt was best.

Taehyung wrapped his arms around Jeongguk, trying to let him know that he was still there. He wanted him to know that he loved him, and he realized then that he had never said it aloud. Taehyung mustered up all his strength and forced a small smile onto his face.

"Ggukie," Taehyung said quietly, in his best soothing tone. "I love you."

Jeongguk cried harder.

-

The next morning, Taehyung awoke to Jeongguk's soft snores. The younger boy was pressed up against him, one arm wrapped around his chest.

The previous night, Taehyung had sat with Jeongguk on the floor for hours, allowing him to cry for as long as he needed to.

Eventually, when the sobs stopped, and Jeongguk's eyes started to droop, Taehyung did his best to stand up and help Jeongguk up. Jeongguk barely spoke at all until he fell asleep, only murmuring a quiet "thank you" and some other unintelligible words until he drifted off to sleep.

Taehyung wondered if they were still going on the trip, but even more so, he wondered if Jeongguk was going to tell him his story. There was obviously a lot in his past that Taehyung didn't know, but he wanted to. He didn't want Jeongguk to be alone with this anymore.

After roughly 30 minutes of Taehyung laying there, thinking, Jeongguk began to stir. Taehyung's breath hitched in his throat. What was he going to say to Jeongguk? What were you supposed to say after learning information like that? He didn't know, but he rolled over so he was facing Jeongguk anyway.

"Good morning," the younger mumbled softly. His eyes were still closed, yet he was conscious enough to pull Taehyung closer to him with his muscular arms. Taehyung's heart fluttered.

"How are you feeling?" Taehyung asked quietly.

"My head hurts," Jeongguk responded. "And it hurts to open my eyes."

"You must be dehydrated," Taehyung thought aloud. "Let me get you some water, Ggukie."

Jeongguk nodded and loosened his grip on Taehyung, allowing him to escape and limp over to the kitchen area. He grabbed the first glass he saw and filled it with water from the sink, then heading back to the bed.