Chapter Thirteen.

Taehyung

Taehyung didn't know what to with himself.

He sat there, powerless, in his wheelchair. The entire room went silent around him, and there were no longer doctors, nurses, and visitors buzzing around. It was just him and the two who stared at him.

He tried to swallow, but he couldn't. His mouth had turned to sandpaper, dry and desperate for moisture so he could do anything; yell, cry, get the hell away from these people.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk said, but his voice seemed eerily distant. "Taehyung, what's wrong?"

Taehyung felt something touch him, but he couldn't respond.

For the first time since that night, since he and those eyes sat in the hospital, he was looking at Kim Namjoon.

And to be honest, he looked terrible.

His body was visibly emaciated beneath the hospital gown, and his eyes looked tired. Taehyung noticed how sallow he looked, how his once lively appearance was now permanently dim.

I did this to him.

"Taehyung," the voice rang again, and again, and again. His own name filled his ears, and an unfamiliar wave of panic hit him like a tsunami. He felt that his heart was going to beat out of his chest.

Beat,

Taehyung!

Beat.

He slumped over in his chair, unconscious.

-

"What the hell happened?"

Taehyung had no idea what was going on. He had woken up seconds ago, and there seemed to be a lot of activity around him. He told his body to open his eyes, but it didn't happen.

"I don't know," someone else gasped, perhaps Jeongguk? "He was fine and then it was like he wasn't there anymore."

"We need a psych consult, now. Page Doctor Yeon."

Someone left the room, or perhaps they entered? Either way, Taehyung just wanted to go back sleep.

He laid there for a bit more until he felt sure that it had quieted down and finally opened his eyes. Jeongguk was sitting next to him on a stool, concern evident on his unsmiling face.

"What happened?" Taehyung asked quietly. Jeongguk snapped his attention to him, a relieved smile taking form on his face.

"You passed out, Tae," Jeongguk rushed. "Who were those people? Why did they look at you like--like you were a killer?"

That's ironic, Taehyung thought bitterly.

"I can't tell you right now," Taehyung responded. Suddenly, he remembered all that had happened. For the life of him, he couldn't forget the empty eyes of Kim Namjoon. No matter how hard he tried.

"Okay," Jeongguk replied, trying to hide the hurt on his face, but he wasn't doing a good job. Taehyung would've felt pity for him, but he couldn't. He was too drained emotionally.

"I just wanna sleep," Taehyung mumbled.

Jeongguk nodded and took Taehyung's hand, kissing it. "Okay. Jimin is on his way, so he'll be here when you wake up."