Chapter Five.

Taehyung

It had only been a few days since Taehyung's appointment when an unfamiliar number lit up his phone screen.

The entire day thus far, Taehyung had been dredging through his classes, the thought of returning home and doing nothing but eating ramen and watching Netflix the only thing keeping him going. He was walking from one class to another when his phone began to vibrate violently in his pocket. He then pulled it out and stared at it for a moment, wondering if he wanted to answer. Remembering that he was expecting a call from Jeongguk, he clicked the answer button and lifted the phone to his ear.

"Hello?" he greeted questioningly.

"Hey, is this Taehyung?"

Taehyung found a smile inching across his face at Jeongguk's familiar voice.

"It is," he replied. "How have you been?"

"Good! Better than good; I think I found a solution to your situation."

The smiled broadened. "I'm excited to hear about it!"

"Would you like to meet me at my parlour today? I have an opening later this afternoon," Jeongguk offered.

"That would be great," Taehyung replied. "I'll see you then?"

"Yes," the voice came. The pair then said their goodbyes, Taehyung the one who hung up this time around. He hugged his phone to his chest as he stood in the courtyard of his university, the icy wind biting at his cheeks. However, he couldn't find it in him to care about how cold his body was. The fact that he finally could escape the pestering questions from Seokjin because of this 'tattoo' was enough to make him feel as if a large blanket had been wrapped around his chilled skin.

He then rushed off to his next class, a slight smile still playing on his lips.

For the next few hours, Jeongguk felt a rush of adrenaline every time he heard the bell chime that signified the entrance of a client. He would backpedal his steno chair to the entrance of his office to peer around the corner to see if it was Taehyung, even though he wasn't expecting him for another few hours. He would then slink back to his office in disappointment once he saw that it wasn't who he had hoped.

The only thing to do was count down the hours until their meeting.

When the meeting time did roll around, however, he had to remember to collect himself once he heard the bell chime for the final time. He had the persona of a calm, collected, and serious tattoo artist, and he hated that he resembled a puppy when Taehyung was around. Even though they had only been together a few times, he felt something for the older that he had never felt before.

"Jeongguk, your boy is here," Yoongi told him from the threshold of the office. Jeongguk turned around and glared at his best friend for a moment, but the glare quickly turned into a wide smile.

"Alright, tell him I'll be out in a moment," he replied.

"Why a moment? You haven't been doing anything but playing Overwatch on your TV for the last few hours," the older retorted.

"I have not!" Jeongguk flushed. "Besides, it makes me look like I'm doing something important. I look less desperate."

Yoongi rolled his eyes before stepping away from the door. "Whatever. I'll let him know."

Jeongguk scowled before turning back to his TV, his current game of Overwatch shining back at him. He turned off the TV before standing up, straightening out the black t-shirt he was wearing. After this, however, he wondered if he had made himself look as if he cared too much.