Chapter Twenty-Nine.

Taehyung

"Look what I have!"

Taehyung looked up from his textbook to see Minhyun enter the room, a large paper bag in his hands.

"What's that?" he mused, setting his pen down.

Minhyun pulled a large bottle of soju out of the bag, and from the clank it made on the way out, Taehyung knew there were more.

Taehyung frowned. "Where did you get that?"

Minhyun gave him a devilish grin. "Does it matter, Hyung? You should be thanking me right now!"

Taehyung wasn't sure how to feel. His parents had always raised him to never drink alcohol, and he personally didn't see the appeal. It didn't even taste good most of the time.

"I'm not sure, Minhyun," Taehyung said after a moment.

"Should I add that I invited Namjoon over?"

Taehyung turned a brilliant shade of scarlet. He had had a crush on Namjoon since the first time he saw him at freshmen orientation, yet he could never quite bring himself to admit his feelings. Of course, after learning this information, Minhyun became quick friends with Namjoon due to his outgoing nature.

Throughout their first semester, Taehyung and Namjoon had grown to be good friends due to Minhyun, and Taehyung now knew what Minhyun was doing. He was going to get them drunk in hopes of setting them up.

"Have a little fun for once. You can't always be such a huge stickler for the rules, you know. Your life is going to suck if you don't live a little."

Taehyung pursed his lips together, gazing at his best friend of four years. Minhyun always had his best interest at heart, after all. What was wrong with having some soju?

"Alright, fine," Taehyung sighed, allowing a smile to form on his face. Minhyun beamed at him, setting the soju down on his desk.

"Namjoon will be over in a few minutes," Minhyun said. "I'll go wait for him outside." He then disappeared, leaving Taehyung by himself.

Taehyung stood up, making his way over the paper bag across the room. Since he had never seen soju in person, he unfurled the bag and peered inside. There were many bottles inside, most likely multiple for each of them.

He then pulled one of the bottles out, reading the label. It didn't seem to have that high of an alcohol content. He was sure it would be fine.

After reading the entire label on the bottle thrice, the door to their dorm was thrown open. Minhyun entered, Namjoon on his heels.

Taehyung's heart skipped a beat when he saw Namjoon's smile-his dimples were on full display. "Hey, Taehyung!"

"Hey, Hyung!" Taehyung replied, slightly awkwardly. As always, Namjoon looked breathtaking.

"Is that what we're doing tonight?" Namjoon mused, gesturing at the bottle in Taehyung's hand. "That wasn't what I was expecting, but I'm down for it."

"Good!" Minhyun chirped. "Toss me that bottle, Taehyung-ah."

Taehyung gave him a weird look before gently lobbing the bottle at Minhyun, who caught it easily. He then passed it to Namjoon.