Chapter Thirty-Four.

Taehyung

"You're getting discharged today!" Jeongguk chirped.

Taehyung looked away from the TV program he was watching to see Jimin and Jeongguk enter the room, both smiling excitedly at him. He couldn't help but grin when he saw their radiant faces.

"I'm getting this freaky feeling of deja vu," Jimin commented, sitting on the stool next to the bed. He then looked around the room as if he were searching for answers.

"Anyway, are you excited to go home?" Jimin asked. "I know I would be-this place is depressing as hell."

Taehyung's smile diminished, and it did not go unnoticed by Jimin and Jeongguk.

Jeongguk, who was sitting on the edge of the bed, placed a hand on Taehyung's arm gently. "Do you not want to leave?"

Taehyung bit his lip. "No, I do-it's just that something came up last night."

Jeongguk and Jimin exchanged worried glances. "What happened?" Jeongguk asked.

"Well... I talked to Namjoon last night."

"Taehyung!" Jimin exclaimed in disbelief. "You know you weren't supposed to leave your room."

"I know that, but it was important, Jimin-ah. He gave me some useful information."

"Like what?" they asked at the same time.

Taehyung glanced at both of them before continuing. "He gave me some information about Seokjin. Among other things, he told me that I can't go home because Seokjin is going to keep attacking me until I'm... until I'm dead." His eyes fluttered shut momentarily. "I have to find a different place to stay until they find and arrest him."

It felt as if a pin had dropped. Taehyung looked at his friends nervously, worried to see how they would take this news.

"Well... you can stay with one of us," Jimin suggested after a moment. "As much as I'd love to have you around, Seokjin knows where I live, so you'd be an easy target there."

"You can stay with Yoongi and I!" Jeongguk piped up. "Of course, I'd have to ask him about it, but there's really no reason that he'd say no."

Taehyung nodded solemnly. "Thank you, Ggukie." Then, he laughed dryly. "I always hoped we'd be able to move in together, but I didn't think it would be because I would die if I lived anywhere else."

Then, a thought occurred to Taehyung. "This works out nicely, I think. My parents went back to Daegu, and they're probably selling my apartment. I'd be crazy to think that they would still pay for it after all that's happened."

"I'm sorry, Taehyungie," Jeongguk said. "We'll figure out what to do with all your stuff, and then you can come stay with me for awhile."

Taehyung nodded, and at that moment, a nurse walked in with some papers and a pen in hand. The three of them looked at her expectantly, and she flushed. She probably wasn't used to this many attractive young men in one place.

"Here's your discharge papers," she said nervously, handing them to Taehyung. "We'll check in with you in a bit to see if they're done, and then you're good to go."

She left in a hurry.

After the door clicked shut, Jimin began laughing. Jeongguk did, too.

"What?" Taehyung asked, exasperated.

"She's definitely into you," Jimin chuckled. "Make sure she didn't slip her phone number into the paperwork!"

Taehyung rolled his eyes, yet the blood blossomed beneath his cheeks, turning him red. "I'm just gonna sign these so we can go."

Jimin sighed happily. He then looked over at Jeongguk, and the moment their eyes met, they began laughing once more.

-

"Damn, it smells in here," Jeongguk commented once they opened the door to Taehyung's apartment. It had been a few weeks since anyone had been in here, and the dishes left in the sink had begun to smell.

"Sorry, I didn't really have time to clean up before Seokjin found me," Taehyung said sarcastically. "Had I known he was coming over, I would've made sure to clean up."

Jeongguk held his hands up defensively, yet he grinned. He was glad to see that Taehyung was back to making jokes.

"What do we do with all this stuff?" Jimin asked, looking around the small apartment. "Neither of us have space for it."

Taehyung frowned. "I guess we could try to sell it."

"Won't you need it when you get your own apartment again?" Jimin wondered. "It would be a waste to get rid of all this and then buy more stuff later."

"Well, if you sold this stuff now, you could keep the money and put it towards new furniture or a new apartment," Jeongguk suggested.

"Good idea!" Taehyung said. "How do we sell it, though?"

"There's a lot of places online to sell furniture," Jimin said. "For now, though, we should just work on getting your clothes and necessities out."

"Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if my parents have already canceled my lease," Taehyung commented, frowning.

For the rest of the morning, and the first half of the afternoon, the three of them worked tirelessly to load Taehyung's things into Yoongi's car, which he had generously lent them. It wasn't very big, so they required a few trips to move everything, but they soon found themselves carrying the final bag of clothes into Jeongguk's room.

"Thank you for helping, guys," Taehyung said, bowing to his friends. "You've been great to me-I'm lucky to have you."

Jimin turned red, and Jeongguk smiled. They both accepted the thanks and Jimin left, telling Taehyung to call him if he needed anything.

"So, now what?" Taehyung asked. Yoongi would be home from work soon, and Hoseok would most likely come over for dinner and games afterwards.

"We could try to make dinner," Jeongguk suggested. Taehyung smiled at him.

"That's a good idea-let's hope we don't burn it!"