Chapter Seventeen.

Taehyung

When Taehyung's laundry was finished drying, he and Jeongguk scooped it out of the dryer and into the plastic bags they had brought. They then left the laundry room and headed back towards the stairs.

"I'll take these to your apartment," Jeongguk told Taehyung. "It'll be faster that way. Then we can go get lunch."

Taehyung nodded, crutching over to the elevator that only ran between the lobby and the basement. When the elevator door opened, he grimaced. It was old, smelled awful, and there were miscellaneous stains on the carpet flooring of the elevator.

He gingerly crutched inside and pressed the top button.

After a painfully slow climb, Taehyung exited the elevator into the lobby. Jeongguk wasn't back yet, so Taehyung made his way over to where the stairs began and leaned against the railing.

He noticed that the lobby was much nicer than the rest of the building, most likely remodeled recently to convince possible residents that it was a nice place to live. And for the most part, it was-if you enjoyed living in a musty apartment where the power and plumbing went out all the time.

When Taehyung heard footsteps thudding quickly down the stairs, he turned his head to see Jeongguk approaching him, skipping every other step. It looked as if he were about to slip and fall, only going fast to keep his momentum going forward.

Taehyung raised his eyebrows at Jeongguk once he had landed on the ground again. Jeongguk half smiled. "What?"

"Nothing," Taehyung replied, a grin creeping on to his face. "I just thought you were going to fall or something."

Jeongguk shook his head. "I never fall; My balance is way too good."

Taehyung rolled his eyes in amusement. "Let's go get lunch; I'm hungry."

The dyad exited the building and began down the street, heading towards the ramen shop. Seoul, as always, was bustling with people and cars-it made it hard for Taehyung to get around without someone kicking his crutch or blocking his path absentmindedly. He was relieved when they finally reached the ramen shop.

"Hello!" a small women chirped from behind the counter. She hadn't even looked up when she greeted them; she was so busy putting bowls of ramen together that she didn't have time to. "I can help you in just a second."

Taehyung and Jeongguk sat down at the nearest table, Jeongguk helping him sit down before taking the crutches and leaning them against a wall.

"Damn, this looks amazing," Jeongguk marveled. The menu showed pictures of every time of ramen imaginable, and Taehyung's mouth watered at the sight of it all.

It wasn't long until the same women came over to their table, slightly winded. She seemed to be the only person on-staff besides a mousy looking teenage boy, but he wasn't doing much.

"What can I get you?" she asked. Taehyung and Jeongguk both ordered their ramen, and to their surprise, they got the same thing.

"Wow, look at us," Jeongguk laughed. "The couple who orders ramen together stays together."

Couple. They hadn't made anything official yet, or even put a name on what their relationship was. They were simply enjoying each other's company, whatever that meant at the time.