Chapter Seven.

Taehyung

The next week passed without any incidents.

Taehyung went to his classes, studied with Jimin in his free time, and did his best to not think about Jeongguk. They had barely spent more than a few hours together, yet the tattoo artist occupied his thoughts more often than not, his smiling face popping into Taehyung's mind at random. Whenever this happened, Taehyung shook his head and told himself that there was no attraction there. Simply a business relationship, and it would never be more than that.

Yet, Taehyung still found himself counting down the days until his next appointment with Jeongguk.

"Earth to Taehyung," Jimin said slowly, waving a hand in front of his friends face. Taehyung blinked and looked and looked over at Jimin.

"What?"

"That's the fifth time today you've started staring off into the distance. Are you thinking about Jeongguk again?"

Taehyung, despite the deep blush that crept across his cheeks, shook his head adamantly. "I was thinking about..." he paused, lost for words. "Getting... a puppy!"

Jimin stared at him, his mouth slightly open. "You definitely weren't thinking about getting a puppy. Unless the puppy's name is Jeon Jeongguk." He chuckled to himself. "You think you'd be allowed to have a puppy in this apartment?"

Taehyung glanced around his apartment. He and Jimin were sitting at his dining table, studying. The windows allowed the warm sunlight to filter into the room, and Taehyung had recently cleaned the apartment by some unknown whim.

While the apartment only consisted of a bedroom, a main room, a bathroom, and a small balcony, it had been Taehyung's home for the last two years, and he loved it.

"I think it's nice in here," Taehyung finally retorted. "I might get a puppy just to prove my point."

"Yeah, I bet it'll love living on the sixth floor," Jimin replied, turning his gaze back to his textbook. "Do what you want, Tae-ah, but make sure you don't fail your exams because you couldn't stop thinking about a boy."

"For the last time, I'm not thinking about a boy," Taehyung retorted, also looking back down at his textbooks.

"Yeah, and I'm adopting a puppy," Jimin snorted. Taehyung fought the urge to say anything and continued to study.

After another hour had passed, and Taehyung's mind officially felt like mush, he shut his textbook. Jimin glanced up at him, yet continued writing.

"It's 18:30," Taehyung told his friend, glancing at his watch. "We should get dinner."

"Yeah, you're right," Jimin sighed. "I hate Professor Lee for giving me 100 pages of reading in one night."

"That's what you get for being a chemistry major," Taehyung teased.

Ignoring his friends last remark, Jimin asked, "What should we get for dinner?"

"I think we've had everything that they sell in Seoul," Taehyung exaggerated. "There's no food left to try anymore."

Jimin rolled his eyes, yet he was smiling as he did so. "Let's go to the cafe down the street. Their tteokbokki is always on my mind."

Taehyung clasped his hands together and put them over his heart, attempting to imitate how Jimin felt about the rice cakes. "Oh, tteokbokki, I love you so much!"

"Yah!" Jimin pretended to be offended as he stood up and started backing towards the front door. "That's how you sound all the time when you talk about Jeongguk!"