Chapter Twenty-One.

Jeongguk

Pit, pat. Pit, pat.

Thick droplets of rain cascaded downwards from the overcast skies, bouncing off the leaves of the cherry blossom trees. Laughter filled the air along with the sound of the drops hitting the ground. Adults were standing under trees, looking up in disdain at the rain that was ruining their plans to view the blossoms, all the while their children laughing and playing in the rain.

Taehyung held his hand out to catch a few droplets on his palm. "This isn't really how this was supposed to go."

When they had left their hotel room earlier, the skies were mostly clear, the vast blue only broken up by the occasional cotton candy cloud. However, it didn't take long for the storm clouds to roll in, bringing with them heavy showers and a warm breeze.

"I don't mind it," Jeongguk replied. He thought it was fun to watch the kids running around while their parents scoffed at the situation. He then looked down at Taehyung's leg. "What about you cast? It can't get wet."

"At this point, I don't even care," Taehyung replied, wiping his now wet hand on his shorts. "I've had it for so long."

"It's only been a couple weeks," Jeongguk reminded him. "You still have a few to go."

Taehyung gave Jeongguk a droll look. "Don't remind me."

Jeongguk stood there for a moment more, the rain only seeming to become heavier. Then, an impulse made him leave the protection of the tree and allow himself to get drenched.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asked, smiling. Jeongguk was a huge dork, and everything the younger did proved that to him.

Jeongguk lifted his arms up and allowed the rain to hit every part of him. He smiled and laughed the entire time he did so. It felt amazing to not only have the rain cool him down, it made him feel incredibly alive.

He then brought his hands together, collecting the droplets in his cupped palms. When he started approaching Taehyung with the water, a devilishly playful smile on his face, Taehyung held his hand out in an attempt to stop him.

"Don't you dare dump that on me," Taehyung warned, attempting to back up. He laughed as Jeongguk came nearer.

"What would you do if I did?" Jeongguk asked innocently.

"I don't know, but you wouldn't like it," Taehyung shot back.

"Nonsense, Tae. I like everything you do."

Taehyung stuck his tongue out. "You wouldn't like it if I broke up with you."

Jeongguk stopped, the water leaking through the cracks in between his fingers. "You wouldn't."

"Try me."

In a burst of energy, Jeongguk lurched forward and threw the water onto Taehyung. He made a loud laughing noise as Taehyung gasped, the cold water soaking through his clothing. Along with Jeongguk's water, he had also backed up enough that he was now fully in the rain.

Taehyung used one of his crutches to lightly smack Jeongguk's arm. "I'm gonna get you as soon as I'm able to."

Jeongguk was laughing so hard that his eyes had turned into crescents and his perfect teeth were on full display. "No, you won't."

"Why not?"

"Because you love me too much."

Taehyung pursed his lips together, gazing at Jeongguk through squinted eyes. "I'm not so sure about that."