friends // chapter 14

"Thanks, again."

"No problem, what kind of friend am I if I left you in the rain?" Eliza hummed, tapping the steering wheel.

"A shitty one?"

"A shitty one." Eliza nodded, glancing at Maria with a smile.

Then, the car started to sputter, then it came to a complete halt.

"Eliza."

Eliza pressed her lips thin. "Well, we're in a fickle now."

"Do you have an umbrella in your trunk?" Maria asked, crossing her arms.

Eliza thought for a moment. "As a matter of fact, I do." She said, opening the car a slight bit to open the trunk. Maria watched as Eliza quickly got out of the car, making a little yelp of surprise when the cold rain hit her back. Eliza grabbed the umbrella then sprinted back to the car, slamming the car door shut.

"Wow, That was brave of you. Further proves that your the Prince Charming." Maria joked, as Eliza playfully glared at her.

"We could call a tow truck." Eliza said, spinning the umbrella in her hand.

"Sure, but I don't think I'll handle being in the very same car of my Prince Charming-"

"SHhHh." Eliza huffed, poking Maria's side.

. . .

Once a tow truck was called, They watched as Eliza's car was taken away, and they were standing under a Barbie in the pink shoes umbrella.

"I would judge you for the umbrella, but I'm not because I have a spongebob umbrella."

Eliza snorted. "Mine is better."

"Spongebob is great, and we're not having this argument." Maria huffed.

"Barbie has better movies."

"Does not."

"Does too."

"Does not."

"Does too."

"Does not."

"Does-"

"Shush." Maria finally said. "Fine, Barbie is better."

Eliza smiled triumphantly, but they both laughed.

"We should probably start walking."

"That's a good idea, my good sir."

"One day, I'm actually going to hit you."

"You wouldn't."

"Yeah, you're right." Eliza said, looking at Maria with a smile. It happened again, they both stared at each other, both with bright eyes and lovely smiles.

"Let's go."

. . .

The semester is almost over, and Eliza plans to go back to her home with her sisters. Maria on the other hand, doesn't have any plans. She has to stay with James, Maria doesn't have a choice since her parents like James so much.

Nonetheless, Eliza and Maria go out again, as friends. That's all,  friends.

This time, it was the movies.

"I wanna watch the grinch." Maria commented, pointing at the screen with the grinch.

"Isn't the same thing, just animated?" Eliza asked.

"Probably not."

"Hm. But, A Star is Born seems like a better option." Eliza hummed, pointing at the other screen.

"What if we pay for one of the movies, then go to the other once it's done?"

"Now you're speaking my language, c'mon." Eliza smiled, gently grabbing Maria's wrist and going inside.

Eliza's hand was warm, and soft against Maria's wrist. Too bad it only lasted a few seconds.

"Which one, Kit Kat or buncha crunch?"

"Both."

"You could only pick one."

"Both."

"Both isn't an option, Maria." Eliza said, glaring at her.

"Then, yes."

"Oh my god-"

They end up getting both of them and sharing the candy.

. . .

After, they walk out, arms locked and laughing over something stupid.

Eventually, Maria's laughter became a smile.
"Hey, this was pretty fun." She commented, glancing at Eliza.

"Indeed."

Eliza turned a bit and hugged Maria.

Maria stiffened for a moment, a whole lot of thoughts instantly running through her head.

First, Eliza's smell of cherries was great, the smell of her black hair was magnificent, and the warmth of Eliza was almost overwhelming.

Maria hugged back, her cheeks warm and her heart full of joy.

The embrace lasted for a few seconds, before Eliza pulled away.

"Thank you, for being my friend."

She smiled.

a/n
I just wanna thank everyone for the comments and support, thank you very much, they mean a lot to me. <3