after// chapter 30

When Maria was released from the hospital, Eliza was always there to help her. But there was always a slight paranoia when it came to driving.

Even when weeks passed by since Maria was released, neither one of them confessed, neither one of them had the guts to even mutter 'I love you.'

"I love you!"

Maria choked on her pancake.

Right before this, Eliza and Maria decided to go to a breakfast place called 'Waffles' n' more'.
It was a typical Saturday for them, but when Eliza confessed out of nowhere it came to choking on the pancake in a waffle place.

Now, here's now.

Eliza immediately started panicking, half because she thought she said something wrong and half because Maria is choking.

"OhmygodImsorrywait-"

Maria put her hand up, stopping Eliza from standing up. She sallowed.

"I'm fine- so what did you say?"

Eliza blinked. "I said- I said that I love you."

Maria took a moment to gather her thoughts and inner screaming in joy.

"I- I love you too."

Eliza smiled widely. "Really?!" She practically screamed. Some people looked back to look at the woman who just screeched.

Maria nodded. "Yes! Yes, I do."

"Then- why did it take us so long to confess?"

Maria drummed her fingers, still having a goofy smile from the sudden declaration of love. "I don't know.. I think we did it in the heat of the moment I guess?"

She took it as an answer, since they spent the rest of the day doing things they've always wanted to do with each other.

Not sex, everyone calm down.

. . .

Eliza and Maria came in the dorm giggling like middle schoolers, eventually their giggles turning into small chuckles.

"So, why did you wait to kiss me til' here?" Maria asked, her hands intertwined with Eliza's.

"Because, it'll be the end to a perfect night!" Eliza enthusiastically said.

Maria laughed, as she pulled Eliza closer.

"Y'know, I've always liked your perfume. You always smelled like strawberries."

Eliza smiled, running her hand through Maria's hair. "Really?"

"Yeah, and I tried to figure out where you got it from."

"You never asked me because..?"

"I thought it would be embarrassing to ask."

"I got it from Victoria's Secret."

Maria chuckled. "We should go there some time to buy lingerie together." She mumbled, cupping Eliza's cheek.

"Mhm."

Maria captured Eliza's mouth on her's, slow and gentle.

Maria thought of the feel and taste of Eliza's lips- soft and sweet, something Maria can get addicted to easily.

Eliza pulled away and took a breath, staring at Maria with a dazed look.

Maria just wanted more.

"Kiss me again."

end

a/n
It's over! I know it seems very sudden-
and it is-
but I wanted to make this chapter more humorous because that's what (i think) I do best. I realized this whole book was more of a slow burn than I realized, so
sorry?
Anyway, thank you so so so much for reading this! I've definitely progressed in writing from March to January of 2019.
Now, there is gonna be an epilogue, so- Yes.
I will be making another book, soon? I'm still deciding whether or not it should be Marliza.  Also, thank you very much for reading, it's means so much to me and I love you all!
💓💓💓