find it // chapter 29

a/n
woah I'm back??
sorry for being gone for a m o n t h-
it was a lot of hard to explain stuff-
anyway, happy new year! Hope this one is better than the last.

Eliza anxiously paced around her dorm, chewing on her fingernails. Unfortunately, she still had to go to classes despite the circumstances. It's so strange how some people can act normal, even after such an accident.

Finally, after a few minutes of contemplating whether not she should even go, Eliza grabbed her book bag and headed out. She decided to go to the hospital after, to see Maria.

On the campus, it was very normal. People chatting, people flirting, people joking.
Eliza was so used to all of this, so why did it seem out of the ordinary? Surely someone had heard of the news. If they did, would they care?

Probably, probably not.

Although classes were regular, a professor had pulled Eliza aside to say that she shouldn't speak much about the accident.
Why?
The professor never gave a clear reason, kind of beat around the bush about it.

Eliza hated it, she despised it all.

. . .

Eliza got the hospital sure enough, with no complications with getting in. She was exhausted, tired from the stress yesterday gave her.

She now sat next to the sleeping Maria, as she stroked her hair. Maria was a bit pale, her usually pink and plump lips were chapped with a few fading cuts. Her arms were bandaged up, and her cheeks had some cuts on them as well.

Eliza held onto Maria's hand, letting a few tears slip as she stared at Maria.

Eventually Maria stirred awake, as she took a moment to try and figure out her surroundings. Eliza smiled, as Maria looked at her.

"Liza?"

She nodded, a wide smile on her face.

"oh- what?- what-"

Eliza gently caressed Maria's cheek. "You're fine. I'll go get the nurse."

Maria shook her head. "Stay with me for a moment." She mumbled.

Eliza didn't hesitant to say yes. "Of course."

"What- what happened?"

Eliza didn't like thinking about it, but it replayed so many times the night before.
"You- got in a car crash.."

Maria's eyebrows furrowed, her lips pressed in a thin line as if she was trying to figure out any moment from that accident.

"You're okay now, it's just a few more days here." Eliza reassured, still holding Maria's hand.

Maria sighed, trying to sit up but wincing in pain.

"Don't move around too much." Eliza said, pressing a kiss on Maria's forehead.
Like before.

Maria huffed, finally staying still. "You look like shit."

"Wow, thanks."

"Seriously, Liza, are you okay?" Maria asked, looking over at the other.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Eliza."

"Maria."

Maria huffed, as she weakly pinched Eliza's cheek.

They both smiled, and for a moment, it was okay.