its okay, darling // chapter 23

Eliza was a walking a flame then. Her anger was ever-growing. But still, they were in a hallway. Sweaty students all packed up, and they would definitely be kicked out if they were to start a fight.

Eliza wasn't going to back down, no way. Usually, in a situation like this, she would be the bigger person and the calm one. But right now, she was disgusted with this horrible excuse of a human being.

"Y'know What? I'll tell you, only if you beat me." Eliza glared daggers.

James smirked, like he won something. "Fine, I'll see you out in the parking lot later tonight."

He snickered, turning around and walking away like he already won this argument.

Eliza huffed, and continued walking to her classes.

She didn't care if she got severely injured, she didn't care if she got beat to a pulp. She will at least throw some punches.

. . .

Eliza is a woman of her word. She was able to get out with some excuse to Maria.

"It's okay, darling." Eliza said jokingly.

Eliza went out to the empty parking lot, to see James, smoking a cigarette.

"Surprised you didn't back out. I really don't wanna hit a pretty face like yours."

Eliza frowned, her eyebrows furrowing and her nose scrunching in disgust. "You certainly didn't hesitate to hurt Maria."

"Oh, lovely, she was a lost cause in the first place."

Eliza shoved him, he was caught off guard, so he stumbled back. "Oh, you were mad about this."

"No shit."

Eliza punched him, square in the jaw. He quickly retaliated by punching Eliza in the gut. She winced in pain, but she kicked him.

It went on and on like that, Eliza punching and kicking and James bruising and somehow able to scratch her.

In the end, Eliza spit right in James' face, because she was the one who left James on the floor.

"Leave Maria alone."

With that, Eliza left.

. . .

"OhmygodElizaareyouokaydowhyareyoubleedingohmygodwhathappened-" Maria frantically said, trying to find anything to patch up Eliza.

"Oh. I got in a fight."

Maria looked at Eliza like she had 3 heads. "You got in a fight? The patient, gentle Eliza got in a fight?"

Eliza shrugged. "All gentle and kind people aren't always like that."

"Still, you could've gotten really injured."

Eliza sighed. "I know, but luckily it's the last fight I'll get into."

"Which ass did you beat, anyway?"

Eliza hesitated. "Maria, I beat James' ass."

Maria's eyes widen in shock. "Wh-whe- ho-"

"Sh." Eliza calmly said, a smile on her face.

"I beat him. I told him to leave you alone."

Maria shook her head. "We're talking about this tomorrow."

a/n
I know it seems really out of character for Eliza to beat someone's ass but like-
I've seen my gentle and kind friends beat someone's ass and act like someone they never acted like before.
yeah-