thank you // chapter 15

a/n
this is the last update for today, I swear-

Once the semester was over, Eliza went to visit her family, along with her sisters. Marie left to France to also visit some family, and Maria found it endearing that Marie left a small cake for Maria.

Before Eliza left, she gave Maria a small box.

"You can't open this until I'm back."

"Why does it have to be when you're back?"

"Because, it's a gift that I want to see you open."

"Then you should give to me after you come back."

"I trust you to not open it."

Maria smiled.

"Okay, I won't open it until you come back."

Eliza smiled, and hugged Maria.

Now, Maria was left with a small box sitting on her desk. She was definitely tempted to open it, but she reminded herself that Eliza trusts her.

Maria smiles at those words, her heart filling with the same feeling, of joy and love.

Maria loves Eliza, there's no denying it.

. . .

But, James still makes her. The relationship with Alexander and Maria has been a strange one. 'Relationship' is a term that is used loosely, since Maria would come to the dorm 1804 to fuck, then leave. No love there. No thanks.

Now that Marie and Eliza are gone, James forces Maria to go there more frequently, knowing that she isn't going to say no.

Saying no is a hard thing to say, especially since you'll get a slap on the face or a shove against the wall if you say no.

Nonetheless, this affair goes on for the rest of the summer, the sun beating down, the pollen making people not breath well, and the trouble in the air.

"Leave."
Alexander would tell her, hate in his voice.

"Stay."
Maria would say, it didn't take a lot of convincing when she already knew how to rub Alexander the right way.

. . .

Once in August, Eliza had come back from visiting her family, but they were caught up with classes again that they had to time to hang out.

Ding!

Maria's phone went off, and she grabbed it.

She opened the notification, and was surprised at all the unknown DMs on Instagram.

'whore!'

'slut!'

'couldn't just do one cock, huh?'

'I don't understand why everyone liked a whore like you.'

On and on, the comments went on. Filled with confusion, Maria tried to find the source of these DMs. Anxiety built in Maria, as she started to tap her foot and bite her lip.

Finally, someone sent a link.

Maria clicked on the link, her eyes widening at the title.

'The Reynolds Pamphlet'

Another DM was sent from an anonymous person.

'Have you read this?'