Mine

LIAM

A knock at the door interrupted the heady moment between me and Venice. My hand fell away from her tender breast as she scowled at the offensive door.

"It's Ophelia again," called an airy feminine voice. "May I come in?"

Venice huffed and rolled to the side so she could get off the bed. She snatched the wet towel that had fallen off her head earlier and marched to the bathroom. After a moment, she came out and marched directly to the bedroom door.

My gaze followed her, tracing over each curve and slope of her figure. Her sweet little body was the most divine thing I'd ever laid eyes on. Hunger burned deep inside me.

My hands curled to keep from reaching out for her. I regretted not laying claim to her sweet body while I had the chance.

Now I would have to share her with a room full of crossbreeds who would all get to see her gorgeous curves on display. As much as I hated to admit it, the dress Rob chose for her perfectly flattered her plush hourglass shape.

The navy fabric cinched tightly around her chest and waist, the neckline cutting deeply between her ample cleavage. Then the material flared out around her hips and ass, ending mid-thigh. Her pale, shapely legs peeked out from beneath her flowing skirt.

"Dinner has been prepared if you are ready to eat."

My eyes flickered over Venice's damp head of wavy hair. Ophelia's bright red eyes ticked up to mine. She was only a hair taller than Venice but her bonier, angular frame made her appear considerably long.

"We're ready," Venice told her.

Nodding in agreement, I followed the women down the hall. Ophelia walked a stride ahead of Venice, who walked three or so paces ahead of me. I shamelessly relished the view.

"So, Ophelia," Venice said in that kindly curious way she had. "How long have you lived here with Rob?"

The woman slowed and fell into step beside Venice. She fixed her ruby eyes on her rosy apple cheeks, making my muscles stiffen.

My eyes narrowed on the proximity of their bodies. I hardly trusted Rob, much less his latest flavor of the week.

Ophelia could bite or hit or grab her in the blink of an eye—and kill her in two. I snarled a little and the crossbreed hugged the wall, tilting her head toward me in acknowledgment.

I learned not to trust any supernatural. Humans, as deceptive as they could be, were truly the most naive of creatures. A supernatural would say or do anything they had to in order to get what they wanted.

Vampires and lycans alike were only alive today because they survived by deceiving humans. Time and time again, we tricked humans into believing we were folklore and used humans to meet our needs.

Vampires relied on them as a food source. Lycans used humans as a labor force, profiting off corporations and operations worldwide. Humans were our pawns for doing all the things we didn't want to.

Despite the hatred we have for each other, the leaders of both supernatural species—the Princeps and the King Alpha—contributed to the manipulation of human politics.