Chapter 3

A/N : After for so long being gone, I have nothing but this new chapter for you guys to read :) Do forgive me for not updating sooner 🙏 Hope nobody's getting mad, and shower me with love instead ❤️️❤️️ Hahaa

A/N #2 : In italic is text messages

It's just another ordinary day. You're laying on your bed with a lopsided grin on your face and a phone in your hand. Obviously you're texting Brendon. And it feels like being on cloud nine right now.

Bren Bren <3 : Miss ya already :P

You : Oh you :P We just met last week

Bren Bren <3 : Exactly. That's like forever

You chuckle a bit to yourself, oblivious to your Mom's calling your name for the countless time. Your Mom suddenly appears on your doorway, a ladle in her hand. "So that's why you've been ignoring me. You've been on the phone all day long! Brendon seems like a bad influence now." She has both her hands on the waist, in an angry manner. You quickly get on your feet, then salute. "What is it that you acquire, Sir?" Your Mom playfully hit you with the ladle on the thigh.

"Ow. Hehehh." You rub your thigh a bit, sheepishly smile at your mother. Your Mom glares a little at you, at the same time unable to hide the small smile on her lips, before she proceeds with an order for you, "I need you to get these for me. I'm making dinner tonight." Your Mom hands you a list of groceries. You grunt as you're pretending to throw a tantrum, then your mother continues, "Don't make me take the phone away. I know how much you need it to text Bren bren." She smirks at the last part.

Your glare at her, a bit embarrassed because your Mom acknowledge the name you saved for Brendon in your phone. "Alright, alright." You proceed with taking the list from your Mom. "That's what I thought." With that, she disappears back into the kitchen, the same smirk still on her lips. Before you go out, you quickly text Brendon, telling him that you have errands to run.

You : Gtg now. Need to get something for my Mom :P

Bren bren <3 : Leaving me already? Without a kiss?? Now I'm mad >:(

You : I dun wanna spoil you

Bren bren <3 : Muah muah muah there I gave you kisses already. Now you need to give some back

You : Fine, fine. xoxo muffin!

* Timeskip to a local mart *

You're having quite a hard time pushing the cart around, coz you only notice the defect it has when you're further inside, and too lazy to go back front and take a new one. 'Damn you stupid cart!' You curse to yourself. It's only a few feet away from the aisle where they put your favourite cereal, but due to the cart getting heavier with all the stuff your Mom ordered, it's even harder to push it. A guy standing nearby notices your struggle and offers to help. "You okay there?" "Well yeah, I'm fine. Just need to work harder-" That's when you lift your face away from the cart to look at the concerned person.

That's him! The guy who were there, listening to all your problems from before! Shame on you coz you forgot his name already. You keep the shocking expression on your face, praying inside your head for him to at least mention his name or whatever. "Y/n?" He has the same expression as you, but then lips turn upwards, "It's me! Mikey!" Luckily he reminds you.

You sigh in relief inside, and outside, you're pretending that you actually remember his name. "Of course it's you Mikey! Gosh, it's been some time." You told him, a smile on your face as well. You're confused for a bit when you think that you saw a blush on his face, but shrug it off, thinking your eyes are playing tricks on you. "Yea it's been quite some time. I miss ya, I feel like we're close friends already. Hahaa." He suddenly takes you in a hug, but let you go in less than a second, a hand goes behind his head.

You stand with wide eyes for a moment, but quickly regain yourself and laugh a bit. "We should be. Afterall, you were there, listening to all my problems. Hehee." You send him another bright smile, he does the same, only his is very small on the lips, smiling timidly and shyly at you. That's when you remember that he's that type who rarely smile. You feel nice when he smiles around you.

"So that means, I can have your phone number?" Mikey is taking his phone out of his back pocket already. "Sure." Another smile to him, then you take his phone and put your number in it, before giving it back to him. Mikey smiles at the name you saved - 'Problematic :P'. "Hope to hear from you soon. I gotta go now, though." You say to Mikey. He nods and you guys share another hug. Hooray for you coz you make another new friend today. You're confident that things are going smoothly in your life. Nothing could go wrong now; or it might be soon?