Chapter 5

A/N : A slight fast update. I tried my best to make up for my shitty feeling before.

though this chapter is probably still crappy :\

"That night. It meant a lot to me. Coz I met you." Your lips are sealed tightly. What are you supposed to do now? Oh, the tension is making you sweat like crazy. Then Mikey continues, "Your eyes were puffy, from all the crying. And your cheeks redden. But you look so cute and vulnerable." Mikey gazes at you lovingly. You lean backward slowly, still unable to say anything. "Before that night, I only knew you as someone who goes to the same school as me, only seeing you around the cafeteria or the hallway. But, the way you shared your problems with me, we both sat next to each other, and the late evening air slightly blew your hair." Mikey let out a silent sigh, then smiles at you like he's looking at an angel.

Okay, you think you've heard enough. You couldn't bear to have it more awkward. So you finally decide to say something. "Mikey..." "No, wait! Please hear me out, I don't have the courage to say all these anymore." You can see his slightly shaking body. Mikey is the very silent and shy type. And you know how hard it takes him to confess his feelings. Then Mikey regains his confidence and look at you sharp in the eyes. "You told me about the guy that hurt your feelings, and how you almost fell for him too. But Y/n..."

Mikey takes your hand in his. "You deserve everything in this world. I don't want you to get hurt anymore. I really2 want to be the person who can make you happy all the time." Wow, you're a bit touched by what he said. Sadly, here comes the moment of truth. "Oh, Mikey. That's beautiful. But umm... I-I already have a boyfriend." Silence takes over between you two for a moment. "Oh..." Mikey slowly pulls his hands away from yours.

"A-and it's...that person from that night. His name's Brendon." Mikey's eyes widen but his mouth is zipped tight, a lump in his throat. "OH." was the only thing came out from Mikey, before his face suddenly goes super red, and sweats all over his face. You heard Mikey cursed under his breath, "I-I...umm...uhh, I-I should probably go." He quickly gets on his feet. Uh-oh, now you feel really guilty for making him feel uncomfortable like that.

You get on your feet as well, and go to stop Mikey before he starts to walk away. "No, no, Mikey. Hey, listen." You grab his hand firmly, he did stop, but face still beet red and eyes on the floor. You open your mouth, then close it again, unable to say a thing for a moment. Your eyes try to scan his face. Embarrassed, sad, regret, it's written all over. This makes you feel sad as well. "Hey, look at me." You put a hand on his cheek so that he finally looks at you.

Poor Mikey. Tears are on the corner of his eyes. He probably feels really stupid right now. But you never think of him as a coward. "Points for you Mikey, coz you were really brave just now. It takes a lot of guts to do that, ya know" You smile genuinely at him. Mikey sniffles a little, feeling a bit better now. Then you continue, "I'm sorry Mikey. I may not be the best for you, maybe there's someone better and you deserve more." You pat the top of his hand, giving him extra comfort.

Finally, Mikey is back to smiling at you, still sniffling. "Thanks for not laughing at me or whatever, Y/n. Gosh, I look really dumb right now." He chuckles a bit. "No you're not. I admire your courage. You're a good man." You go to pat his shoulder. He smiles at you, "I hope we can still be friends?" says Mikey, though it came out more of a question. "Absolutely. I would really love that." "So can I walk you back home?" You grin at him, "Sure! Let's go."

You both talk a lot and get to know each other along the way to your house. A few giggles here and there, and quite some secrets shared between you two as well. When you're almost there, you can see your Mom being outside, looking at all the flowers around the house. She waves at you when she saw you. "My dear, who's this?" You Mom gestures towards Mikey. "Mrs. L/n, it's great to meet you. I'm Michael." He goes to shake hands with your Mom. "Mom, this is Mikey. A great friend of mine back from high school." "Oh, wonderful. He seems like a nice guy." Your Mom's comment makes Mikey blushes and looks down.

"Thanks for walking my daughter home. Would you like some tea?" Your Mom is a bit eager about Mikey. "I would love to, but maybe next time. It's getting pretty late, and I don't want to make my Mom worry." He gives your Mom a sweet smile, and your Mom almost melt instantly. "Okay, honey. Have a safe journey back home. I hope I get to see you soon." Then your Mom engulfs Mikey in a big hug, which surprises him. You laugh a bit at that. So Mikey starts walking away, not before saying goodbye with a smile on his face.

When both you and your Mom enter the house, yourMom suddenly says something, "I like Mikey. He's very gentle." "Yeah, he wasthere when I needed a friend once." You smile to yourself as your mind bringsyou back to that prom night. "You know what, I think he'll make a perfectboyfriend. Better than Brendon maybe." You stop dead in your track, looking atyour Mom with wide eyes. "Ma!" Your Mom keeps on walking, then she laughs. Youshake your head at your Mom's joke, a tiny smile forms on your lips.