Chapter 8

"How about that yellow evening dress?? You know, the one that your uncle gave you 2 years ago?" "Ma, that's too fancy! This is just an ordinary lunch! I'm wearing what I always wear. Brendon would probably be in his sweatpants only." You huff at your Mom, crossing both your arms over your chest, and flop down onto the bed. "I know, sweetie. But you're practically going to have lunch in a mansion! You must dress your best."

Currently, your Mom is rummaging through your wardrobe, trying to find you something that would suit. You roll your eyes at her statement from before. "I know that the Urie is rich and everything. But they're humble people. No need to be fancy or whatever." Your Mom looks away from the wardrobe to turn and look at you with squinty eyes. "Fine. I just want my daughter to look pretty."

"Aren't I pretty enough?" You raise your eyebrows playfully at your mother. "Not as beautiful as me." Your mother sasses. You throw a pillow at your Mom but she's a good catcher. She holds the pillow and stick her tongue out at you, before quickly running out of your room. You can only clutch your stomach as you laugh out loud, falling onto your bed.

* le day *

You wipe your sweaty palms on your knee-length dress, before Brendon takes one of your hands into his. Apparently, you finally agree with your Mom, and put on a dress, but not the one she mentioned; just a plain pastel peach. The two of you just got out of the car that he drove and picked you up at your house. Now you're heading towards the front door. It sure looks fancy and very big.

"You ready?" Brendon brought you out off your thoughts. "Huh? Oh, yeah. Sure." Then he gives you a reassuring smile as he tightens the grip. "Hey, everything will be okay. Don't be nervous." As he finished saying that, he already has your hand on his lips, slightly planting a soft kiss there. You let out a tiny giggle, but then was surprised by the door slammed open. "Aww, you two are so cute! Honey, come look here!"

"Ma, how did you know we arrived??" By the time Brendon finished saying that, his father comes into view, standing next to his mother. "The lovebirds are here!" "I saw your car from upstairs. & I got giddy and excited." His Mom interrupts his Dad. Then, the father continues, "So you're the lovely Y/n." "Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Urie." You go to shake his hand, which he accepts gladly.

Brendon eyes suddenly go to scan his parent's well-dressed outfit. "Wait. Where are you two going?" His parents exchange look between them. It's his mother that speaks later, "Oh, darling. We're really sorry but...your father just got a phone call from one of the important people in the company. He just arrived from Japan and the other colleagues are throwing a fancy event to celebrate. We need to be there."

Brendon looks a bit furious. "Wha- but what about the getting-to-know-Y/n today?? She's already here! You're still going? C'mon, she's very important to me!" Uh-oh. Why is he suddenly bad-tempered? It's his frickin' parents for God sake. How can he use that kind of tone? You thought to yourself, then remember that it's Brendon. He is that kind of person. Still, you feel bad for his parents.

You can see the guilt and sadness on his mother's face. She's speechless, then it's his father that speaks, "Brendon, we really ARE sorry. It's not that Y/n is not important to us. But we've heard a lot about her from you." His father's eyes move to look at you. He put a hand on Brendon's shoulder and continues, "And from there, we've learned how beauty this Y/n as a person. The way you told us that you love her giggles, and how you wish you could make her smile every single day. Brendon, I believe you really care about her, and we know that she's the best for you."

By this time, both his father's hands are on each one of yours and Brendon's shoulder. Brendon's expression goes from grumpy to content. At the same time, you're very touched to hear what his parents thought about you. And you're touched to know that Brendon thinks of you as a lovely person, and constantly thinks about you. You blush and look down at your feet.

His father chuckles a bit then pull the two of you in for a hug. His mother joins not long after. The hug ended and they bid farewell to both of you, and get into the car. You wave along with Brendon as you watch the car out through the gate. It was a peaceful silence for a moment, before Brendon looks down in shame. "Sorry." He mutters quietly. You turn to look at him, and smile. "Yeah, you should be. That's no way to talk to parents." You fold your arms playfully, but keep a serious look.

He then lifts his face up, and look at you with a sheepish grin. "Make me a better person?" You unfold your arms and tackle him in a hug. "Of course, muffin." Brendon smiles and starts lifting you up by the thigh. "Let's go inside. The food's ready." He carries you the whole way to the dining table. You can't help the giggles that escape your lips.