Sam + Dean + Jody - A Very Supernatural Thanksgiving

Today wasn't your ordinary, lazy, sleep all you want, bum days. IT'S THANKSGIVING!
Exciting, to most people? YES! For the Winchester's? Nada.

The boys have never, and I mean EVER had a real thanksgiving meal before. (That's what the younger Winchester thought). Sam was determined that today was going to be the day that it all changed!

Sam was planning this whole thanksgiving dinner for weeks. Dean was absolutely clueless, with what was going on in his little brothers mind. He decided on what he thought was the best person to help out for the feast: Jody Mills. Sam pulled it together bit by bit, to make it special for them.

"Knock, knock! Sam?" Jody peeped her head through the gigantic heavy bunker door.

Dean was the first to notice Jody Mills presence.

"Jody! Hey! What the hell are you doing here?" Dean scrutinized. Sam heard Jody's voice and stumbled in almost immediately.

"Thanksgiving dinner, that's what the hell I'm doing here!" Dean took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

Who the hell would've planned this? Sam.

"Sam. You did not just rsvp Jody without my permission."

"It will be our first ever real thanksgiving, Dean. Can't you just be happy for once. Or at least act like it."

Dean rolls his eyes at Sam and proceeded to sit in the red cushioned chair in the corner. "All right. Whatever, man. Just no 'I am thankful' crap okay? I ain't thankful for nothin' and it's gonna stay that way!"

Sam let out a loud deep breath and followed behind Jody to the large bunker kitchen.

Jody was reciting the directions in her head, making sure she had them all. For a second, her mind went blank. That's when Sam came up behind her and whispered "The first step is to preheat the oven to 325 degrees." And let out a goofy laugh.

"Hush Sam! I got this!" Jody playfully smacked Sam's shoulder, causing him to laugh harder than expected, letting out a snort.

"You're gross! Okay, Okay. Enough playing around. Let me think."

Alright, Jody you got this.

Prep time: 30 minutes.
Cook for 3 hours.
Ready in 3 hours and 45 minutes.

Okay, now time for the actual instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees like Sam said.
2. Place onion, celery, and carrot in a large, shallow roasting pan.
3. Place turkey, breast side up, on top of the vegetables in the roasting pan. Pat the outside and inside of the turkey dry with paper towels.
4. Combine salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Season the inside of the turkey with about 1/3 of the salt mixture. Fold wing tips under the bird.
5. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat until the edges begin to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Cook and stir rosemary and sage for 1 minute.
6. Place rosemary and sage inside the cavity of the turkey; reserve melted butter. Tie the legs together with twine.
7. Brush outside of the turkey completely with the melted butter. Season with remaining 2/3 of the salt mixture.
8. Bake turkey, uncovered, in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 3 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove the turkey from the oven and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.

"Got it!" Jody spent what seemed like forever preparing the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, buttered rolls, etc.

Meanwhile Sam was returning from the store with assorted pies.

Hopefully Dean will enjoy.

***
Once the meal was laid out on the longest and most expensive table Sam has ever purchased, Sam called out for Dean. He was overly excited to see his brothers reaction to the beautiful, delicious, fantastic dinner Jody and he put out for him.

"Whoa, what's with all of this? We don't need all of this! Isn't this gonna be a waste of food?"
Dean exclaimed, flabbergasted by how much there was on the crowded, unbalanced table.

"Oh, I'll give the girls some leftovers once they return home."
***
This was the first thanksgiving ever for the boys, and Sam and Dean, both rated it the best, 10/10.

"Thanks so much Jody, for everything. Without you and Sam, I would've never realized how thankful I am for you, Sam, Cas, and so on."

Dean let cracked a small smile, causing Jody to rush over and crush him in a hug.

"It's my pleasure. I'm glad you enjoyed thanksgiving Dean. Same to you Sam! Now it's time to head on home. Until next year!"

Sam and Dean waved off to Jody as she made her way out the door.

"Admit it Dean. You love thanksgiving now..."
Sam says with a smirk on his face.

"Alright, you caught me. But don't you ever repeat that to anyone! Do you understand me?"