Chapter 40: Cabin part 2

On the way up to the cabin that morning we stopped at Publix. All of us parked the car. We went into the store to buy our food and drinks for the trip. I paid for it. Later on, we head straight to the cabin.

Soon after that we are back on the road again. Blue Eyes told me a little more about his grandfather. I took the new information in and so did the kids. " Did you pack my guitar from the apartment?" I asked. " Yes I did Cupcake," he replied to me.

All of us drove up their singing songs in the cars. The harmonies and melodies were perfect. Our drive was very scenic and nice. I sang a song that I wrote for the kids. Wow Mom!!! Both of us love it.

Here we are Mikey says as we pull into the driveway

Here we are Mikey says as we pull into the driveway. My grandfather left it for me because I am his only grand kid. I am happy to share it with you Tia. You guys will enjoy this a lot. As a kid I used to come here all the time.

We unpacked the car then did the same with the groceries. All of us puts our bags in their rooms. Even my guitar goes against the wall. Lunch is promptly served at 12:00 pm. Everyone dished out their food to eat. The team sat in their assigned seat at the table. We ate together like on big happy family. After eating we put all the dirty dishes in our sinks.

I went to the bathroom and stayed in there for way to long. Go spend time with your mom Conner. I sat down on the ground. We are on the opposite side of the door. "Please mom," he pleaded with me. Eventually I did as he asked.

Minutes after he took me to the bed and give you Uncle Johnny's bear. Conner turns to grabs my phone in order to leave. Soon after that my twin walks in to join me right now. He aligns himself behind me. Mikey I am not in the mood for a workout session.

I can't find my cell phone. "Okay it's will turn up soon," He replied. The kids dials the first Graceland phone number in my phone.

phone call
Kids: Hey Uncle Briggs
Briggs: Hey kids
Kids: How are you?
Briggs: good and you
Kids: worried
Briggs: Worried about who?
Kids: Mommy
Briggs: Where's you daddy?
Kids: in bed with her

Soon after that Mom walks into the room.

phone callKids: Hey Uncle BriggsBriggs: Hey kidsKids: How are you? Briggs: good and youKids: worriedBriggs: Worried about who?Kids: MommyBriggs: Where's you daddy?Kids: in bed with herSoon after that Mom walks into the room

Who are you talking to Briggs?

The kids are on the phone.

Briggs: comforting her
Kids: yes
Briggs: I'll talk to you later
kids: bye Uncle

End of call

My thoughts melt away while I am listening to his heartbeat. Roger's hand is running through my hair.

Within minutes his cell phone buzzes on the bed.

texting
Chuck: Hey Levi
Mikey: Hey Char
Chuck: how are you?
Mikey: good and you
Chuck: fine thanks

Mikey: you found Mimi's phone
Chuck: The kids had it
Mikey: called you guys
Chuck: yes
Mikey: I know
Chuck: talk to you later
Mikey: bye

end of texting

Mikey is happy that they found my phone. We found it Mimi. The kids tip toed into our room. Minutes after that Conner puts down my phone. Both of them joined us in bed.

I got up leaving the kids with their dad to go for a walk. Once I am outside enjoyed my surroundings. The grounds are very large and beautiful. I sat on a wooden bench in the woods. This is exactly what I needed.

"Where did Mommy go?" they asked. "Mommy has something she needs to work through now," he replied. We like those braces. My costar gave them to her. Aunty Jules was on Dancing With The Stars.