Ch 14 - Rebuild

After a punch to the face and not remembering your first kiss time to reset the clock and rebuild what she means to you. Especially since Kokoa is willing. This sounds like work.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

The next morning you were hoping things would be better. The fog and unclear feeling in your head and back of the mind was gone. Five minutes ahead of time and had a moment to gather your thoughts. Just to get settled. The mask over your face says calm, collective, and normal. Inside it's nervous. A girl said she wanted to try things out. Those opportunities don't just come into thin air. They come once a year like a holiday that you have no school and the next day not a single cate. Adequate really. Rare. Especially since most of the girls didn't seem too friendly in comparison to a Moka per say. But yet again the girl you're crushing on doesn't know the word affection. More like reject.

Walking out you had a big surprise waiting for you. The first time someone was waiting right outside the main building. "Morning Sweetness."

What a way to wall to school. The Strawberry went and down on the stoop as of this was an eatery. Just a little bit early. "Morning Kokoa."

She looked down. "Surprised I'm here?"

"Actually yes. Quite so." Did she want to nibble that bad? Or she want to have a heart to heart?

"I thought we would walk to class together for real. No one else. Just us. Something I have been looking forward to. Talk about yesterday and today moving on."

"Yeah. Would be nice to have some conversation first." You added.

"Well I'm more than just raging and teeth."

Then quite the interesting family history. Yeah this is funny. Weird kind of funny. But I knew to a certain point she meant well. "You couldn't be all of that. Had to be another side. Why others didn't see it is beyond me."

She signed. "What the heck do you see anyway?"

"Besides a vampire who's angry? Level me Kokoa. Not the smack me kind but the mentality kind. Just like me you're hurt."

"Hmph." You looked away. "I have no injuries. I'm a Vampire." She huffed.

"As am I. We still have feelings. No? If we didn't have feelings why would we be born? Children. They come from love first."

"Love huh?" Looking down looks like you hit yet another nerve. Oh no. How would she react to this one? "How do you know the term?"

"The only ones I know who possess it for me is my mother. My father is dead as you know. Then your sister and friends are very good to me. Now I don't like any of them on an emotional partner level but still."

"You don't see them like that?" She was curious after knowing their looks.

"Well," You blushed. "I kissed you didn't I?"

"Yeah, still don't know why. What were you thinking?"

"The person in front of me being you. Though what happened on your end. So curious how you found me."

"She went on a manhunt. We." Chimed Koa.

"Quiet bat." She pat his head. "On a serious note, I thought you ditched me and I was pissed. I was so angry and I marched over to the club. They didn't know where you were. So I went back and I smelled your blood after you got cut on your face. Kicked that tramps ass and brought you back to club. You were passed out and I had no idea what to do. So in actuality you woke up and kissed me without saying a word and knocked you out again. It was quick. Then brought to your bed. That's all. Here we are."

"How was the kiss anyway? Hope not horrible."

"I..." I can't tell him. "I can't remember. Plain as that."

"Oh well I guess. So what's on your schedule today? Anything good or just hitting the books? Which I have no idea how you do it. Really don't." Referring to her studies but you had to make everything clear with her.

"You saying I'm not smart?" She clinched her fist.

"No not that." Hands up in defense. "They say you skip a lot."

"I'm trying to find a weakness to the rosary. I am getting intel."

"Well maybe we can study to catch up? I'll slip you some notes. I don't care."

"I need the answers. Not notes."

"I have both..."

"Wait. Why are you helping me?" Thinking you were playing some game.

"I think you have read between the lines a few times. You know why. I care about you."

"But why? Why the hell do you care about me? I'm just the orange haired child that is trying to get her family together."

"I..."

"And it won't happen because of her friends and my father."

"Geez. Well..."

"And my mother doesn't appreciate me because I'm not like my full blood other sister." The tears started to drop.

"Hey now. Take it ea..."

"I have no one and I'm a mess."

"Woah. Come..."

She smacked your right across the face and you sat right down. Whole face was incinerated with pain. That was one strike. "GO AWAY!" She took off crying. Not ready to open up all of what she had against her.

You sighed as you got up and watched her run out of sight. "Poor girl. One day. Slow process. But hard to rebuild there. About to walk her to class and then after exchange of words I'm slapped. Hey-yo. Yeah. This sucks."

~~~~~

Rough. But a few words describe Kokoa outside of rage or anger. Lonely. Hurt. Sorrow. And after spilling her guts out who is she going to talk it out with? Nobody. Because you need to be there.

As always I hope all enjoyed, vote for more, comment freely, and as always have an awesome day because you guys are the best and make this happen. Any questions or concerns are welcome. Love you all.

-Relentlezz