Chapter 3

I'm fine, I'm great, I'm doing fantastic... oh who am I kidding. I am a mess. why did I think I could do this? I almost passed out... and I'm still in the waiting room. I'm not even I front of Louis yet, and I'm a nervous wreck. How am I ever-

my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of Addy's voice.

"Lexi... LEXI!!!" she yelled, attracting a bunch of attention from other contestants.

"can I help you? I was thinking. and could you try to be a little quieter, maybe not attract so much attention?" I said, trying to sound normal, and not let Addy know how nervous I was. it didn't work.

"why do you sound so nervous? you're not getting cold feet now are you? come on Lex. I've heard you sing a million times. you're going to blow them away, trust me." her voice sounds comforting.

"I don't know... "

"TRUST ME"

"ok, I should be getting called any time now..."

I actually had like 10 minutes, but I just didn't really want to talk. I just need to think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*10 minutes later*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LEXI MOORE, HAS ANYONE SEEN LEXI MOORE?" someone yelled. this made me jump.

"yes, that's me. I'm Lexi."

"OH thank goodness I found you. you're on in 2 minutes."

AAAAHHHHH 2 MORE MINUTES! I'm not ready for this!!! Now in less than 2 minutes I will be in the same room as Louis Tomlinson.....

I'm shaking so bad when I walk on stage. I awkwardly walked to the middle of the stage, staring at Louis the entire time. When I finally got there I stopped and just stared, and had this cringy smile. I probably looked really stupid. Then I heard Louis's voice and froze. Of all of the judges that could've asked this question, it had to be Louis...

"hello, and what is your name?" Louis said, with a bit of a smirk on his face. ugh, why does he have to be so cute?

"Louis Tomlinson" wow, did I seriously just say that on national tv...

"umm no, I believe that's my name love." he said with a cheesy grin on his face, starting to laugh.

"AAHHH sorry, Umm, my name is Lexi Moore." I just had a major voice crack... not even 2 minutes into the audition and I've already made a fool of myself. great.

"ah, now that makes more sense." why does Louis have to be so adorable when he talks? I need to focus on my singing, but I don't know if I can if I'm looking at Louis the whole time...

I'm just staring at him, probably looking more stupid than ever. I guess everyone could tell that I was nervous, which isn't good.

"so." Simon said, "what will you be singing for us today?"

"uh, umm, Miss You, by Louis" I said. I guess now's a good time to mention that sometimes I stutter when I'm nervous.

"oh this should be interesting. Start when you're ready." Louis said. his sarcasm really isn't helping right now...

the music started. I took a deep breath and started singing, trying to ignore the fact that I've already made myself look stupid in front of Louis.

"is it my imagination. is it something that I'm taking. all the smiles that I'm faking. everything is great every-everything is great." I had to change the lyrics a little so I would sing the clean version. I don't think you are supposed to use curse words on X Factor...