Chapter 19

Louis's P.O.V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's up with them?" I asked as Lexi and Morgan ran away. They're obviously hiding something. I don't know what, but I intend to find out.

"Nothing. You should probably just leave them alone for now." Niall said. He's hiding something too, I can tell. He's probably in on their little secret. It should be pretty easy to get it out of him.

"Niall, we've known you for a while, so we can tell when something's up. So tell us. Now." Liam demanded, as if he was reading my mind.

"It's nothing. I can't tell. I know nothing. I'll say NOTHING!" Niall said, then walked away.

"What's up with him?" I asked Liam as Niall was walking away.

"I don't know. He knows something. He's keeping secrets, just like the girls. But, what could be THAT important that they can't tell us?"

"I don't know, but I intend to find out." I said, actually looking at the shoes now. We've been at the mall for about 3 hours, and hardly shopped at all.

"Can we get out of the shoes? I've been looking at shoes almost the entire time." He said, starting to walk away.

"Sure." I said, following him. "We should probably leave soon. I'm supposed to meet Simon for dinner, and I kinda want to rest for a little bit. We've been out almost all day, and I'm kinda tired."

We started to walk away, but stopped. We saw the girls hugging and crying, and Niall was standing next to them. Was he comforting them? She's my girlfriend. Comforting her is my job! Ugh.

"Hey, are you guys ok?" I asked, walking up to them.

"Yeah, we're fine." Lexi said, pulling out of the hug.

"Are you sure? You guys seem to be crying a lot lately." Liam said, coming up behind me.

"Umm... yeah... we're fine. Now let's go. I'm tired, and just want to go home, watch a movie and eat ice cream." Morgan said.

We started to walk back to the car, when Morgan pulled Lexi away again. What were they doing?

"We'll meet you guys in the car. We just have to go get one more thing." Lexi said.

"Oh, well I'll come with you." I said, starting to walk towards them.

"Lou, I love you, but you can't come with. Not this time." Lexi said, pushing me away.

"Why not?" I asked, determined to find out what they're hiding.

"Because I said so! Now just go to the car!" She snapped back, then ran away with Morgan.

"Wow. So that happened." Niall said, laughing.

"Oh shut up Niall. You haven't exactly been much help either. Seriously! What is up with you guys?" I said, pushing him out of my way.

"What's his deal?" I heard Niall ask Liam.

"He's just upset that Lexi's keeping a secret from him. And I'm kinda upset that you're keeping secrets from us. I thought we told each other everything. So what's up?" Liam asked.

"Well..." he hesitated, "I can't tell you. It's not my secret, so I can't tell. Morgan will tell you when she's ready. But until then, I promised to keep her secret. Now lets go to the car while the girls finish up getting what they need." Niall said, then started walking out of the mall.

"Wait, Niall." Liam said, running after him. "Do you know what they're going to get? And why we can't go with?"

"I have a pretty good idea on what they're getting." Niall said, then walked away, leaving Liam and I standing there. We just looked at each other, then followed him.