Chapter 6

Louis woke up before me, so when I woke up, I was alone in his bed. so I went downstairs to get some breakfast. when I got down there, Louis was eating a bowl of coco puffs and watching the news. we were still the main story. apparently we were a really big deal. Simon was even on there, giving an interview.

"is it true that Louis has been bribing the judges to let Lexi through?" one reporter asked.

"no, of course it's not true. Louis would never do anything like that." Simon replied, reassuring everyone that Louis is a good guy, and not a cheater.

"so what's going to come of this situation?" another one asked.

"we are figuring that out." Simon said.

"is Lexi going to stay on the show?" a third reporter asked.

"we don't know yet. that's another thing we are trying to find out." Simon said, clearly getting annoyed with the questions.

"is it true that Louis yelled and made a scene at the ice cream shop?" the first reporter asked.

"not that I know of." Simon said, looking confused. "he better not have. that is not acceptable."

oh no... Louis DID yell and make a scene. does that mean that he is going to get in trouble?

so far, Louis hadn't noticed I was standing there. I took a step to make my way to the kitchen, and he heard me.

"OH! hey!" he quickly turned off the tv, hoping I didn't see anything. "how long have you been standing there?" he started to question. "how much of that did you see?"

"a couple minutes. all I saw was Simon's interview." I admitted. most people would probably say 'not long' or something like that, but I don't want to get into the habit of lying to Louis, especially over something like this. lying is never good for a relationship. "so, are you going to get in trouble?"

"probably, if Simon finds out the truth. but you don't need to worry about that. all you need to worry about is making a decision." ugh, I forgot that I had to be the one to choose. "but for now," he continued, "you have an even bigger decision to make. coco puffs, or fruity pebbles?' seriously? that's the bigger decision? it was quite easy actually.

"fruity pebbles." I said. that was my favorite cereal.

"ahh... you're a fruity person." Louis said sarcastically. "I always knew there was something wrong with you." he laughed.

"hey, you're the one who has them in your house." I said, matter of factly.

"true..." he then continued to pour me a bowl.

after he got me a spoon, we sat down and he continued to eat his bowl as I ate mine. it was quiet for a little bit, then he broke the silence with a question.

"so, have you made a decision about what you are going to do yet?" he asked.

"actually yes. it was a really hard decision, but I thought about it all night."

"oh? tell me... if you want to."

"well... umm..." I said, hesitantly. "I've decided to... leave the show." he looked really shocked when I said this.

"really? but Simon said you had a chance of winning." he said, clearly wanting an explanation why I chose what I did.

"I know, but as long as you're a judge and I'm a contestant, we cant be together, and that's what my real dream is, and has always been. also, every time I make it through, people will continue to spread rumors about us." I felt like I was rambling again, but oh well.