Chapter 8

*Lexi's P.O.V.*
Ugh, that was one of the worst nights of my life. Work was crazy, especially since I worked almost 3 times as much as I usually do. I was so happy to finally go home.

It was around 6 a.m. when I finally got home. When I did, I was a bit surprised to see Louis's car still sitting in the same spot in front of my house. I wander why he's still here... I went inside my house, but there was no one there. It was just how I left it yesterday before I left for work, when Addy said they would hang out at her house. So, I guess they're still there?

I have a spare key to Addy's house, so I went over and just let myself in. when I got there, it was a mess. there were pizza boxes and beer cans scattered across the living room. there were also pillows and blankets all over the couch, and the floor surrounding.

I decided to look around a little bit, maybe find Louis or Addy. next I checked the kitchen. there was open whiskey sitting out on the counter... beer and whiskey... what did they do last night? the next place I checked was the bathroom. it looked pretty normal. Addy's makeup and hair supplies scattered across the counter, her dirty laundry scattered around the laundry basket. she never actually gets them in, because she has horrible aim. the next place I decided to look was the bedroom.

WHAT. THE. HECK.

"ADDY?! LOUIS?! WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE??" I screamed, waking them both up. Addy looked worried, and Louis just looked confused.

"LEXI!?!" Louis yelled back. he looked around completely confused. then he turned and looked at Addy. "what happened? the last thing I remember was watching the maze runner."

"oh... umm... I don't know." I could tell she was lying. I've known her forever, and I know when she's lying.

"Addy... TELL ME THE TRUTH!" I yelled. "don't try and play dumb. did you forget? I'm your best friend, at least, I thought I was. but I can tell when you're lying. you know exactly what happened." I turned to Louis, "and you, you cant say you had nothing to do with this either."

"listen to me," Louis said, sounding more worried than ever, "I don't know what happened last night, but I can assure you, this is definitely not what it looks like." I rolled my eyes at that. how is this not what it looks like. it looks like Addy and Louis took advantage of their 'alone time' last night...

"oh really? I would LOVE to hear this." I said sarcastically.

"look, the last thing I remember was eating pizza and watching the maze runner. we finished the pizza, and Addy offered me a beer. it tasted a little funny, but I just ignored it and drank it anyways. when I finished I already started to feel loopy, so I said no when she offered me another one, but somehow she convinced me to have another. for some reason, I was out after that. it was just 2 beers, but I was full on drunk. I don't know how, or why, but I was. then, I ended up here." Louis explained. that did kind of sound believable...

"so, you're telling me that you had TWO beers, then end up completely drunk? yeah, I kinda find that hard to believe." I said. and it's true, now that I think about it, it does sound kind of stupid.

"believe me. I don't know how I ended up here, but I would never do anything to hurt you." Louis said sadly.

"I don't know yet." I said. I'm gonna need time to think about this. but, why is Louis the only one talking? Addy is guilty too. "so, what about you? what's your side to this." I said as I turned to Addy.

"oh, umm... I don't know. I just remembering having a couple beers then going to bed. last I remember, Louis was, uh, on the couch. I, uh, don't know how he got into my bed." she lied again. she sometimes stutters when she lies.