My sunshine

Brush your teeth before you cross the road

Dream yawned as he sat up in his bed, stretching his arms. It was another day. Smiling, the cheerful skeleton hopped out of bed and clicked his fingers, instantly getting changed from his pyjamas into his usual outfit. If only getting dressed was that simple for others. Dream stepped towards his window and pushed the curtains away, gazing outside. It looked beautiful. The bright rays of the rising sun casted a soft, golden light onto the land, making everything seem to have a youthful glow about it. The gentle, welcoming breeze calmly weaved it's way around everything, causing the grass and tree leaves to sway softly, as if they were dancing. Dream smiled softly, the beautiful day putting him in a good mood.

"Time to wake up Nightmare!" He chimed, turning away and rushing towards his door, swinging it open and charging towards his dear brother's room.

"Night! It's morning!" He yelled, kicking the door open. Nightmare jumped and glared tiredly at his energetic brother, pulling a not impressed expression. He remained quiet, just glaring at his brother. Dream stared back at him momentarily before smiling. Nightmare huffed, rolling his eyes before groggily sitting up and heaving himself off the bed, trudging towards the window and closing the curtains to block the sunlight, casting a shadow over his room.

"Night, why do you always close the curtains at day time? That's when they're supposed to be open!" Dream pouted, folding his arms.

"Because it's too damn bright and distracting." Nightmare grumbled, clicking his fingers and changing into his usual attire. Dream rolled his eyes at the answer. 

"If you say so, brother." He mumbled softly, still smiling.

"Why did you wake me up so early? It's like, five in the morning Dream." Nightmare murmured, yawning tiredly.

"I wanted to go outside and enjoy the day with my favourite brother ever!"

"...I'm your only brother."

"Exactly!"

Nightmare rolled his eyes again, trying not to smile.

"Come on, Night, let's go outside!" Dream exclaimed, grabbing Nightmare's hand and dragging him out of the room. Nightmare stiffened slightly, having no choice but to follow Dream. Before he was fully dragged out of his room, he spotted his crown on his desk and quickly grabbed it, placing it on his head.

Dream giggled giddily as he dragged Nightmare down the stairs and out through the back door into the outside world, both of them being engulfed by the overgrown grass.

"We should probably cut down this grass at some point, I can barely see you through it." Nightmare stated causing Dream to gasp dramatically.

"No! I love the tall grass!" Dream exclaimed, hugging some of the grass and staring wide-eyed at his brother.

"We cannot get rid of it!"

Nightmare rolled his eyes, sighing softly. 

"Okay, fine, we can keep the tall grass." he mumbled, folding his arms and smiling slightly at Dream, who cheered in response and did a quick, happy dance. Nightmare released a chuckle of amusement. 

"C'mon, Dream. Let's go see the sunrise." Nightmare stated, gesturing towards the Tree Of Feelings. "We can see it better if we sit in one of the branches."

Dream grinned widely and nodded.

"Great idea!" He praised, eyes shifting into big, yellow stars. Dream began to run in the direction of the tree, Nightmare following after him with a soft smile on his face.