Disbelief

Guess who's back from the dead?

(Hint- it's me)

Hey okay so this amazing user ClicheAly is writing their own Dreamtale book and I have read the first few chapters and it is honestly AMAZING and so funny please I strongly encourage you all to check it out :)

Odious - extremely unpleasant; repulsive

"I truly believed that maybe we could save you, Nightmare." He growled, lifting the rod up and aiming it at the corrupted guardian's back.

Nightmare glanced behind him, scowling at Blueberry.

"I believed that you could change!" He raised his voice, taking a step forwards.

"But now I no longer believe in you."

Nightmare scoffed and let out a low rumble of laughter as he turned around completely to face the seething skeleton.

Fear and rage swarmed within Blue as he tightened his fist around the staff so much that it hurt. Tremors ran out through his body causing his bones to rattle.  His face was stained a harsh blue with suppressed rage and his eye-sockets were as cold and empty as the void. He gritted his teeth and pushed one foot forward and one foot back into a fighting stance. 

Error raised a non-existent eyebrow, somewhat bewildered with the sudden change of attitude in Blueberry. His mismatched eyes flickered over the other's aggressive demeanour and lingered until his gaze switched over to Nightmare who had began to snicker.

"I can't believe this- you of all monsters think that you have the power to stop me?" He mocked, pointing rudely at Blue. "I'd like to see you try, Blueberry. You're weak and stand no chance against me."

"I am not weak." Blue uttered, gaining the destroyer's attention once again.

Error had never seen the other like this. Blue's eyes had a deadness, a stillness. He was rigid and looked as if any minute he'd snap and rip Nightmare to pieces one way or another. It was almost scary how intense Blueberry's glare had become.

Nightmare tutted at the pathetic response, shaking his head and lowering his goopy arm back down to his side. 

"Well, if you really believe you're not weak then I won't go easy on you, Blue." He spat, his single eye suddenly flaring a ferocious cyan that carried a burst of anger and fear.

Blueberry and Error simultaneously flinched as the negativity burned it's way into their minds like wildfire and made them stiffen. Blue had never felt such strong, odious thoughts; his grip on Dream's staff loosened and he shut his eyes tight as the hopeless feelings swarmed within him. He couldn't do this. He couldn't.

No. He had to do this.

Blue took a deep breath and reopened his eyes. A few seconds passed before his left eye erupted into a blue blaze fuelled by patience and justice. The staff he was clutching seemed to faintly glow as if it was resonating with the magic that coursed through the skeleton's bones.

Error observed, confused as to why a Sans from an alternate universe was able to wield Dream's staff. He didn't have much time to ponder about it however as a tentacle suddenly shot towards him and latched onto the destroyer, securely wrapping around him and beginning to squeeze. Error choked, feeling a searing pain shoot up through his bones. The 'ERROR' signs around him multiplied and spasmed as the tentacle relentlessly pressed down harder. 

"Let go of him!" Blue cried out. 

Error could hear the tension and intensity in his words- and it seemed the staff could too. The faint glow suddenly ruptured into a brilliant, bright blue and the levitating stars at either end seemed to glitter and sparkle with power. It was a remarkable spectacle.