Wistfully

Brush your teeth before you cross the road

'Hopefully Error's awake.' The guardian mused, stepping into the house. He quietly shut the door behind him with a soft 'click' and stayed still for a few seconds before letting out a small sigh and glancing around the living room. There was no sign of Blueberry or Error.

'Don't panic, they're probably in the kitchen or my room.' Dream reassured himself, taking a deep breath and treading towards the kitchen. He leaned through the doorway to peer inside however was met with no one. Frowning, the guardian scanned the room to see if there was any sign of Blue or Error being here. He let out a breath of relief when his eyes landed on the half-open cabinet where the chocolate was stored. Error was definitely here- and it seems like he's okay.

The sudden sound of something falling startled Dream and he let out a quiet yelp. The fight he'd had with Nightmare had caused him to be on edge- what if that was his brother breaking into the house? Dream quickly rushed out of the kitchen and darted up the stairs fearfully though as soon as he spotted Error tangled in one of the spare blankets the two guardian's owned he immediately calmed down and raised a non-existent eyebrow.

"What are you doing?" Dream asked, faintly grinning.

Error huffed, sitting up and fumbling with the blanket for a moment before tossing it off himself and folding his arms.

"Blue's trying to suffocate me."

"No I'm not!" A voice called out and Blueberry emerged from Nightmare's bedroom holding a handful of blankets. "He was cold- I'm just trying to help!"

Dream sighed softly, stepping forwards and placing a hand on Blue's shoulder.

"You're doing great,"

Blueberry's eyes lit up.

"But please stop before you smother him to death."

Blue slackened and grumbled something under his breath, dropping the blankets onto the floor and sulking. Dream turned to face Error, glancing at the bandages wrapped securely around Error's skull. Blue must have patched him up while he was blacked out.

"How are you feeling?" Dream asked the destroyer, tilting his head somewhat. "Does your head hurt?"

Error subconsciously lifted his hand and grazed over the bandages as if he'd just realized they were there. 

"Uh- I'm okay." He answered awkwardly, stuffing his hands back into his pockets and glancing sideways. "I feel a little dazed I guess but apart from that I'm fine."

Dream hummed thoughtfully.

"I have some medicine that you could take- It might help."

Error made a face at the suggestion, seemingly offended by it.

"No medicine." He huffed. "I'm not taking that gunk."

Dream faltered and he no longer saw Error- instead he could see his brother refusing to take his medicine. His breath hitched.

"Uh, Dream?" Blue said, waving a hand in front of the spaced out guardian.

Dream blinked. The memory of Nightmare faded and suddenly he was back in the hallway with Blueberry and Error.

"I'm sorry." Dream mumbled quietly, shaking his head slightly. "For a moment I could see him."

Blue and Error glanced at each other curiously however remained quiet. The trio stood there in a prolonged silence before Blue remembered something he had found while rummaging through Nightmare's closet for blankets.