May Break My Bones

Okay so I combined 3 different requests into this oneshot (I hope you don't mind!) Thank you Juliaplayzz330 , RandomBoi03 and DeadlyHuggles for the suggestions and sorry it took so long for me to actually get onto doing them :') Brush your teeth before you cross the street.

Ethereal - extremely delicate and light in a way that seems not to be of this world.

Nightmare sighed, peeking through his half-open curtains and gazing outside. Dream had woken him up early again- not that he minded anymore; he was used to it by now. It was around 5AM and the world was just waking up from its slumber. The sky was painted a pretty pink with fluffy clouds of purple scattered sporadically and the clear, radiant sun shone beams of golden light throughout the land, giving it a warm, gentle hue. Despite feeling slightly irritated from his disturbed sleep, he couldn't help but smile softly at the spectacle through his window.

He gazed out through his window for a little while longer before tearing his eyes away and shutting his curtains fully, blocking any sunlight from entering his room. Dream always told him he should keep them open during the day but he wouldn't listen; he'd rather have them open at night and let the soft glow of moonlight filter into his bedroom and create an almost ethereal feel.

Nightmare exhaled quietly, clicking his fingers and instantly being dressed in his usual, royal purple clothing. He scanned his room before his eyes locked onto the golden crown that sat neatly on his drawers. Releasing another sigh, he stepped towards it, looking it over for any signs of damage before placing it on his head. Lately he'd been checking it every morning to make sure there wasn't any hidden dents or marks; ever since he was confronted by three wolfish villagers he had become paranoid that they'd damaged it and he just couldn't find it. 

But there was nothing on the crown. No marks, no scratches, no dents- he was just being skeptical.

He took one last look around his room, glaring at the shadows before exiting, closing the door behind him quietly. Nightmare wasn't looking forward to today- not at all. Him and Dream had to go into the village so they could gather some food stuff and whatever else they needed for the next few weeks or so. Normally Dream would go to the village himself however Nightmare knew better what exactly they needed whereas Dream vaguely knows what they need and what they could have. Last time Dream went by himself, he came back with an excessive amount of sugary treats. Nightmare chuckled slightly at the memory.

He started to slowly head downstairs, running his hand along the railing absentmindedly. When he reached the bottom, he was met with a pair of golden-yellow eyes.

"You take forever." Dream accused, folding his arms. Nightmare rolled his eyes playfully, poking the space between his brother's eye-sockets. Dream grumbled something, sticking his tongue out childishly at Nightmare before turning and leading the way to the front door. Nightmare trailed behind him.

The two ventured towards the village, Dream occasionally stopping them both to point out little things and distract his brother. He wanted to make sure Nightmare's attention was diverted elsewhere than the village- he didn't want him to be too nervous or afraid. Nightmare was oblivious to his brother's intentions, instead he just simply enjoyed observing the flowers and animals his brother would gesture towards.

Overall it took about two hours to finally get to the village; they'd gotten side-tracked about twelve times and stopped by a small lake for twenty minutes, skimming stones on the water and sharing terrible jokes. Nightmare had enjoyed it and felt much more at ease than what he did earlier. Dream noticed and smiled to himself.